Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Le (T/S)
Le (T/S) [message #48900] Fri, 17 February 2006 19:25 Go to next message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
Hi Wayne,

I want to askyou if the parameter for Le (HF compression driver) that we use to model in SPICE is the one Le @ 1KHz.

I have the possibility to ask Prof. Homero in the Brasil Selenium factory the curves for the this driver I have installed in one horn I have chosen and I will be also asking for the impedances and frequency response curves not published yet because the horns can always vary.

I take the opportunity to ask if you or PiSpeakers have been in any presentation in Europe before or in Portugal.

I would love to see a list of your presences or the PiSpeakers stand in conventions/presentations through out the world and the usa if possible maybe, on your webpage with pictures… you know.

Best Regards

Re: Le (T/S) [message #48905 is a reply to message #48900] Sat, 18 February 2006 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

There are π Speaker owners all over the world, but most of them built their speakers from kits. We do not have a dealer network and the only convention we regularly attend is the Great Plains Audiofest. So the way most people are introduced to π Speakers is by word of mouth, hearing a model owned by someone nearby, coming to GPAF or visiting this website.

For your Spice model, you can make as detailed a circuit as necessary. For many applications, a simple model with just series inductance and resistance is appropriate. For example, if you are modeling a tweeter and the crossover point is well above mechanical resonance, a simple model will probably suffice. However, if the electrical reactances are near physical reactances in terms of frequency, it might be best to include a virtual circuit model including mechanical resonance. And if inductance changes in the passband, that might be good to model too. You might even model some of the nonlinear reactances by definining your own functions, if you wanted to simulate how the circuit behaved at various power levels.

Re: Le (T/S) [message #48907 is a reply to message #48905] Sat, 18 February 2006 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Hi Wayne, and thanks.
The voice coil reactance for the tweeter virtual circuit (L) is the one measured at 1KHz? (Since it varies across the frequency spectre)

Re: Le (T/S) [message #48908 is a reply to message #48907] Sat, 18 February 2006 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

There are several reactances involved. There is the voice coil inductance and resistance. Then there is the mechanical resonance of the diaphragm. If attached to a horn flare, there are several resonant modes associated with that too.

Re: Le (T/S) [message #48909 is a reply to message #48908] Sat, 18 February 2006 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Thanks Wayne,
Just the voice coil L. Is it the same published as Le (like in the one Le for the Eminence drivers.

Is it L (or Le, inductance) measured at 1KHz?

Other brands as beyma and Selenium, just write the frequency in front of Le as; Le@1KHz, Le@Fs, Le@20KHz.

Re: Le (T/S) [message #48910 is a reply to message #48909] Sat, 18 February 2006 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The published voice coil inductance Le specification is measured at just one frequency, yes.

Re: Le (T/S) [message #48911 is a reply to message #48910] Sat, 18 February 2006 11:44 Go to previous message
Master
Great. And thanks Wayne one more time.

Previous Topic: Corner horns with no corners?
Next Topic: Wayne: Theater 3 and 4 plans - please
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 14:29:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout