Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Magnet wire ok as speaker wire?
Re: A Kindred spirit! [message #48855 is a reply to message #48842] Tue, 14 February 2006 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
All For You; Impulse IMPD-182
The best of her catalogue. Her piano work here is first rate and, as much as I enjoy her using her voice as a rythym instrument, she really flat-out sings on this one, too.
It's become chic to make disparaging comparisons to Diana vs. Billie and Ella and other singers.
Fact is, she's a musician who sings. Same can be said of Alison Krause who's voice often get's shrill but can really convey a lyric. When she's fiddlin' tho', not even Jerry's Dobro can compete.

Re: "It's 8 O'clock Wal-Mart shoppers, time ta beat yer kids"! [message #48856 is a reply to message #48852] Tue, 14 February 2006 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Nothing to be afraid of. Thing I luv about Wal-Mart is that you meet so many Bluegrass fans there.

Re: "It's 8 O'clock Wal-Mart shoppers, time ta beat yer kids"! [message #48861 is a reply to message #48856] Tue, 14 February 2006 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
I rarely go to Wal-Mart cause I don't have one close, but so many Bluegrass fans can't be all wrong! Most of us have enough stuff inside ourselves that we don't need to go far to find a good cause to fix!

Re: Magnet wire ok as speaker wire? ** from where ** [message #48862 is a reply to message #48853] Wed, 15 February 2006 06:15 Go to previous message
Frnak Mena is currently offline  Frnak Mena
Esquire
The stuff I'm referring to is described as follows:

"21 Gauge Mag Wire (Cryo Treated Version)

The CCC 21 awg is 21 gauge, Continuous Cast Copper premium internal hook up wire (magnet wire). It has EC solid stranding, red soldron insulation and is available in clear only. 125m crystal length, 99.9999% pure."

I'll get it from Take Five Audio (you can google them) since they are close to where I live. I do not have any affiliation with them. I'm sure you could order the same stuff from Micheal Percy Audio in the States.

Cheers.
FM

Previous Topic: Plans Please
Next Topic: B&C and eigthteensound look alike ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:31:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio