Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » mid-horn
Re: Stop it Wayne! [message #48701 is a reply to message #48699] Thu, 26 January 2006 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I think what I like about the look of the 8 is the mid "horn" is part of the main cabinet. Same dimensions and all. Can you do this with the 7's. Make the midhorn the same dimensions as the cabinet so it looks like one flowing piece. I love the way the 7's sound, but the midhorn size difference just doesn't work for me.

Re: Stop it Wayne! [message #48702 is a reply to message #48701] Thu, 26 January 2006 10:13 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The seven π-18 bass bin is the same width as the midhorn. It looks great.

I think the smaller sevens look cool too, sort of Gothic, like a large cross or something. Their look definitely grows on you. We really didn't spend much time with them when you were in Tulsa a few months back, 'cause we were focused on the two π's towers. So you'll have to check them out at GPAF, see what you think of their Gothic look.

But at any rate, the larger seven π-18's midhorn is the same width as the bass bin so it looks, as you say, like one flowing piece.

Previous Topic: Tweeter voice coil
Next Topic: 2 Pi Towers with PSD2002 crossed over at 1.6Khz
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 02:10:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout