Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » new studio two towers
new studio two towers [message #48517] Tue, 03 January 2006 16:37 Go to next message
Troy Moore is currently offline  Troy Moore
Esquire
I got my new studio two towers up and running Christmas Eve and am quite happy with them. I am using them with an inexpensive A/V receiver for both movies and music, and they work well for both. I had previously been using a pair of Thiel 1.5's from my two channel system in this role and wasn't too pleased. Without a decent amp and source to drive them the sound was not nearly as good as I was used to, in fact I had quit listening to music for enjoyment with this setup. The towers now let me enjoy music in my living room again. The Thiels are now serving as surround speakers, even though I can't boost the rear levels up high enough to match the more efficent towers. A center channel is next followed by surrounds.

Re: new studio two towers [message #48518 is a reply to message #48517] Tue, 03 January 2006 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbert is currently offline  Norbert
Baron
Troy,

Great to hear another happy 2 Pi Tower listner. Do you have any picture(s) of your speakers you can share with us?

I am intersted to hear what you are planning for your center speakers.

Re: new studio two towers [message #48519 is a reply to message #48518] Tue, 03 January 2006 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Pictures, pictures!!! Congrats on the new build.

I'm more than pleased with mine, especially after they broke in.

There was a guy over at the Bottlehead Forum that built some small Fostex single drivers for surround. They weren't the stock design and were pretty small 12" x 4" x 8" I think. Looked like a good design that would be efficient as well.

Re: new studio two towers [message #48523 is a reply to message #48519] Wed, 04 January 2006 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris R is currently offline  Chris R
Master
Shane, try this on for size...

This one works pretty well:
http://cerchaos.homeip.net:1280/woodworking5.html

Chris

Small Fostex satellites [message #48524 is a reply to message #48523] Wed, 04 January 2006 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
These were the ones I was talking about.

Re: Small Fostex satellites [message #48529 is a reply to message #48524] Thu, 05 January 2006 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sorry, Shane. Audio Asylum redirects links to Taco Bell. We're not doing it on this end - It's their deal.

Re: Looks like a bad link.... [message #48530 is a reply to message #48529] Thu, 05 January 2006 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
if you look at the link posted in the message, it has a "db." in front of the "audioasylum" in the URL; I've never seen any of the Audio Asylum URL's with this. Big question is how that got in there? Was it some kind of spyware or adware? Does the link work if the "db." is removed? I don't care enough about Fostexes to find out....

Re: Looks like a bad link.... [message #48531 is a reply to message #48530] Thu, 05 January 2006 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It's a valid URL, generated by a search query CGI script. It's just that Audio Asylum is setup to redirect links from ART over to Taco Bell. That's something they do over there and it isn't a result of a bad URL or anything we've done here.

Re: Small Fostex satellites [message #48532 is a reply to message #48524] Thu, 05 January 2006 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Can you just cut and paste to see the thread? The link showed the whole address I think. It uses Fostex 107E's I believe. I put a link on which I think is just to the picture.

I forgot about that BS with AA. Jeesh!

http://db.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.mpl?forum=bottlehead&n=100772&highlight=fostex&r=&session=

Try this for satellites [message #48533 is a reply to message #48532] Thu, 05 January 2006 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Can you just cut and paste to see the thread? The link showed the whole address I think. It uses Fostex 107E's I believe. I put a link on which I think is just to the picture. They are neat little speakers.

I forgot about that BS with AA. Jeesh!

http://db.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.mpl?forum=bottlehead&n=100772&highlight=fostex&r=&session=

Previous Topic: Studio Twos ,should I mount crossover components
Next Topic: Cross Over Question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 17:58:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout