Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Speakers for my father in-law
Speakers for my father in-law [message #48492] Wed, 28 December 2005 12:20 Go to next message
Erik from Holland is currently offline  Erik from Holland
Baron
Hi Wayne,

It has been a while since i was on your forum, but i need your advice. I`m now 10 years busy with loudspeakers, and in particulare prof. audio cause of my drive in show. (you can see it at www.happystation.nl)

Know in prof. audio i used proofed designs, and components for the kabinets. And your always capable on "steering" the sound in the right direction by using your 31 band Eq and Active crossover.

But, i still want to build me a set of home speakers, but i did`nt dare to do it, because it has to come together wel. And i think i don`t have enough knowledge to calculate and design on my own.

Now i want to build a set of audiophile speakers for my family in law. They don`t have much budget for it and they would`nt like large kabinets. Still i`d like to build them a set of sparkling, open and on the other hand enough low-end loudspeakers.

What would you recoment?

question B is: would it be posible for you to send me kit without the drivers? since i live in the netherlands, i think it would be to much delivering and customs costs to order the entire kit with heavy speakers in it.

Best regards,

Erik

Re: Speakers for my father in-law [message #48495 is a reply to message #48492] Wed, 28 December 2005 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

There are lots of good choices. It really depends on your budget, size and placement options. Might be best to check the website and look through the forum archives to get a feel for what's available.

Re: Speakers for my father in-law [message #48504 is a reply to message #48492] Fri, 30 December 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
roland is currently offline  roland
Baron
Hi there,

in fact I ordered the pi stage4 kit from Wayne, living in Luxembourg. The cost ends up being about the same (including import taxes) as buying the parts here.... The Euro is strong and Wayne has great prices.

and there is the convinience factor of just receiving all the parts in one go....and Wayne is a great guy - why not support him.

Just my 25p.

Roland

Re: Speakers for my father in-law [message #48505 is a reply to message #48504] Fri, 30 December 2005 07:35 Go to previous message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
also, cabs would still be heavy, much larger box, and more expensive to ship. Most carriers have a large surcharge if the dimensions of a package exceed a certain number, which most cabs would. If you buy the wood locally (closer to Baltic ply that we in USA are), and build the cabs yourself, or pay a local carpenter/cabinet maker to do it, and buy the parts kit from Wayne these speakers are quite a bargain besides sounding great.

Previous Topic: different compression driver flares?
Next Topic: 2Pi Tower tuning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 20:29:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout