Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Music for demo'ing Towers for Xmas
Re: Stoetkit and tower two's [message #48445 is a reply to message #48444] Thu, 22 December 2005 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Cool, I look forward to seeing you at GPAF this year.

Tallis Scholars [message #48446 is a reply to message #48442] Thu, 22 December 2005 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elektratig is currently offline  elektratig
Grand Master
You're referring to Gregorio Allegre's "Miserere", a 40-part motet of stunning beauty.

The Tallis Scholars are, IMHO, probably the best mixed (male and female) choral group around. Anything by them will give you that Christmas feel, even if the works aren't specifically Christmas music.

Re: Music for demo'ing Towers for Xmas [message #48447 is a reply to message #48435] Thu, 22 December 2005 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spinjack is currently offline  Spinjack
Viscount
Nobody has suggested this?

Crank up some Trans Siberian Orchestra and rock out!

Wizards in Winter (off of The Lost Christmas Eve)
A Mad Russians Christmas (off of Christmas Eve and Other Stories)
Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/4) (off of Christmas Eve and Other Stories)

Maybe not the most sophisticated stuff, but at the very least, Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/4) is a pretty powerful piece.

Whoops [message #48448 is a reply to message #48446] Thu, 22 December 2005 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elektratig is currently offline  elektratig
Grand Master
It's Gregorio Allegri, with an "i" at the end. Here's some more info on him and the work, including a famous story about Mozart.

Trans Siberian Orchestra [message #48449 is a reply to message #48447] Thu, 22 December 2005 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
They were just here in Amarillo last week. Tickets were gone before I could even call. I've been a Jon Oliva fan (Savatage) for a long, long time and seen Al Pitrelli play with Megadeth in a small club several years ago (amazing guitarist!)

Re: Music for demo'ing Towers for Xmas [message #48450 is a reply to message #48439] Thu, 22 December 2005 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul C. is currently offline  Paul C.
Master
What, no Mannheim Steamroller?

Re: Thanks Bill. [message #48451 is a reply to message #48437] Thu, 22 December 2005 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
All available on CD. I have them all. But only listen to the vinyl anymore.
On CD, the Cantate Domino and Saint-SAens sound the best. Buffalo Springfield and 'Miles' are just behind and the Alison Krause okay too. All of them do well what CD does well which is to be clear and clean.
Or as one was heard to say" no soul all the time".

THANKS TO EVERYONE! [message #48454 is a reply to message #48435] Fri, 23 December 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Thanks for all your suggestions guys.

Everyone was impressed!!! [message #48462 is a reply to message #48435] Sat, 24 December 2005 14:31 Go to previous message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Everyone that heard the Two Towers was impressed! I played several selections that had good bass and excellent imaging. My brother-in-law was probably the most interested because he is your typical "Bose" man and couldn't believe the soundstage that these two-ways were producing. Suffice to say that he was blown away. Then he made the mistake of asking how loud they were. So....in went the AC/DC "Back in Black" and up went the NAD C320Bee. Now I've never ran the speakers very loud, so I went ahead and took it up slowly. Lets just say that the Towers were smooth and crystal clear all the way up to the amp beginning to clip. Never stressed once and the bass was enough to make you piddle your britches!

Wayne - THANK YOU for the design!!!!!!

Previous Topic: PSD 2002 xover freq
Next Topic: Speaker Question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 06:50:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers