Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Stage 4's are finally done! Any placement tips, tweaks, or ??
Stage 4's are finally done! Any placement tips, tweaks, or ?? [message #48202] Wed, 16 November 2005 09:15 Go to next message
Pfenning is currently offline  Pfenning
Chancellor
I finally finished my Pi Stage 4's last night (except for cabinet finish). I ran them in my garage for about 15 hrs on a SS amp to get them broken in a little bit. Last night I hooked them up to my Paramours, and WOW. They sound great! I'm looking for tips on placement for the best imaging and low end responce. My room is about 30 feet wide with the system centered on the wall, and about 20 feet deep. I currently have the 4's about 12 feet apart, toed in to the listening position, and sitting flat on the floor. Should I build some stands, tip them back a little, whats everyone else doing? What should I expect for break in time? Is there big changes in the sound as they break in? I can't wait to get home and crank them up a bit, but I must say the low volume detail is wonderful. Thanks Wayne, I love my new speakers.

Pfenning

Re: Stage 4's are finally done! Any placement tips, tweaks, or ?? [message #48205 is a reply to message #48202] Wed, 16 November 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sounds great. Glad to hear they're up and running.

Your placement choice sounds good to me. A small stand maybe 1 foot tall might be good. You can tilt them slightly upward too if you want, just a couple degrees. And of course, try other sittings and see what you like. But where you have them is good, backs against a wall with each of them nine feet in from the side walls. That's exactly where I would have placed them.

Re: Stage 4's are finally done! Any placement tips, tweaks, or ?? [message #48208 is a reply to message #48205] Wed, 16 November 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pfenning is currently offline  Pfenning
Chancellor
Thanks again Wayne, they are a real value in high eff. speakers.

Re: Stage 4's are finally done! Any placement tips, tweaks, or ?? [message #48209 is a reply to message #48202] Wed, 16 November 2005 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
roland is currently offline  roland
Baron
well done! Mine are still waiting to be finished, raw cabs still.

I wish I had a couple of days of vacation....

Roland

Re: Stage 4's are finally done! Any placement tips, tweaks, or ?? [message #48215 is a reply to message #48202] Thu, 17 November 2005 10:06 Go to previous message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
I've been enjoying my Stage 4's with the Paramours for awhile now, they sound great. I still haven't finished the cabs yet, though... I think it takes few weeks 'til you get the drivers well broken-in; they will sound smoother with better imaging. I've tried tipping mine back a bit, not sure if it sounds a whole lot different, but I've mostly left them that way. You can tune the bass a little by moving them in against the back wall or out a foot or two, but again,this is very subtle in my room. I've replaced the little tweeter network with an Auricap and Mills resistors; helped the treble out. The parts sent with the kits are quality, but designed for much more power handling than the Paramours produce. Fun speakers- great to get that big sound out of a 2A3.

Previous Topic: Wooden horn
Next Topic: Stage Four & SET?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 18:33:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout