Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Request for wooden HF horn plans
Request for wooden HF horn plans [message #48145] Fri, 11 November 2005 02:45 Go to next message
DrRick is currently offline  DrRick
Esquire
I saw them on Jim Doyle's site and they look perfect for my next project.
TIA
DrRick

Re: What High Frequency Horns? Where? [message #48146 is a reply to message #48145] Fri, 11 November 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
First I miss Baby Theodore and now this?

Re: What High Frequency Horns? Where? [message #48147 is a reply to message #48146] Fri, 11 November 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I sent Rick the same data I sent to Martinelli years ago. The plans show a curved flare on the top and bottom and straight 90ยบ side walls. The wood shop I'm using now is working up the process to build them, setting up CNC and other processes. Should have them ready for sale soon, maybe by the first of the year.

Re: What High Frequency Horns? Where? [message #48159 is a reply to message #48147] Fri, 11 November 2005 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I dont remember plans like that. You did some work in horn response that gave the best angle for the conical throat since I wanted to make a seperate aluminum throat piece. Not only dont I remember plans for any type of horn like that. The horns I've been making have curves sides. not flat. and the top and bottom are not curves but a straight +10 degree in proportion to the flair rate. Good luck with your new horns. The cnc stuff sounds cool.

Re: What High Frequency Horns? Where? [message #48160 is a reply to message #48159] Sat, 12 November 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's right. You made the side walls curved instead of the top and bottom. My original models were made with the intention of having the curved walls on the top and bottom, but your prototype had them curved on the sides instead. I mentioned this to you back then, but you continued to make them with curved side walls. They look good and sounded nice, so that was fine and all, but the horns I'm making go back to the original design intent.

Re: What High Frequency Horns? Where? [message #48176 is a reply to message #48160] Sun, 13 November 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
And here I thought I was gonna have to get out the masking tape, hammer and nails and bandages to put together another flat pack! Darn!

Re: What High Frequency Horns? Where? [message #48177 is a reply to message #48176] Sun, 13 November 2005 13:36 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Previous Topic: MA Audiophile Get Together
Next Topic: Request for 2 pi tower speaker plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 21:45:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers