Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Stage 4 Update
Re:Bologna and Wonder Bread [message #48066 is a reply to message #48055] Mon, 24 October 2005 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've played around with a few different brands too. I kinda like the Solens for big values and Kimber Caps for the small ones, Erse for big coils and Jantzen for the smaller ones. Makes a nice step up that doesn't require a few hundred bucks worth of caps. But I'll have to say the stock stuff sounds pretty good, and it's not a night and day thing. If there was one part I'd say was most noticeable, it would probably be the 5.6mH Erse coil on the speakers that use the big coil.

Re:Bologna and Wonder Bread [message #48067 is a reply to message #48056] Mon, 24 October 2005 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerrod Harden is currently offline  Jerrod Harden
Baron
Parts Express MPP's for me, bypassed with AudioCap Theta's. Recommended from many regulars on the JBL board. I wonder if I'm missing something with this setup?

Jerrod

Re: Forget the spades [message #48070 is a reply to message #48065] Mon, 24 October 2005 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
worst thing for me was worrying that I was going to stab my hand with the oyster knife I was trying to loosen a couple of 'em up with!

Re:It's FIBERGLASS, if it's all the same to you! [message #48075 is a reply to message #48063] Tue, 25 October 2005 21:32 Go to previous message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Previous Topic: Heat exchangers Wayne
Next Topic: Pic Posting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 18:37:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers