Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Horn Throat Geometry
Horn Throat Geometry [message #47948] Tue, 11 October 2005 11:07 Go to next message
Spinjack is currently offline  Spinjack
Viscount
K, so I was thinking about the construction of the mid-horn of the 7-pi. This may be on the plans, but since I don't have them in front of me...what should the geometry be of the woofer facing egde of the throat?

Should the panels be left square where they point toward the driver so that there is actually an angle facing the driver or should the panel edges be cut at an angle such that the edge of the panel pointing to the driver is parallel with the plane of the driver?

Also, is the driver allowed to fire into the triangular spaces between the horn panels and the enclosure panels?

Last, should the panel into which the driver is mounted be solid, isolating the front and rear chanbers, or vented, linking the front and rear chambers? The rear chamber would be sealed in this case.

Re: Horn Throat Geometry [message #47955 is a reply to message #47948] Tue, 11 October 2005 21:58 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Leave the edges square. The cutout of the throat plate adds a couple cubic inches of front chamber volume. Use the full area behind the driver as rear chamber space, so don't close off the flared areas with the mounting plate. Use wedge shaped braces ono the top, bottom and sides to make the plare panels solid.

Previous Topic: This is a test...this is only a test...had this been an actual emergency...
Next Topic: Two Pi Towers - Placement?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 13:58:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout