Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Sonic signature
Re: On the bad side ... [message #47853 is a reply to message #47852] Tue, 04 October 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
G-Man; I always considered that a good thing. The only drawback for the 4's is size that I can see. Not many people have the luxury of using boxes that big in the home. Thats why we are such a small community. One of these days I have to try the 3's. You should show this guy pics of your three's.

Re: Sonic signature [message #47854 is a reply to message #47847] Tue, 04 October 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I agree. I found ultimately that my favorite sound was accomplished with PP tubes. About 30 watts. But as he says they all sound good; it's a matter of preference and room size and musical styles.

Re: On the bad side ... [message #47855 is a reply to message #47853] Tue, 04 October 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
In general, revealing speakers are a good thing. It's only bad for me because I'm not allowed to buy a new receiver, so I'm stuck using my cheap Sony model for HT

Since you asked, below's a link to my Theatre-3 build. I adjusted the dimensions to a tower format.

Gar.

Re: On the bad side ... [message #47856 is a reply to message #47855] Tue, 04 October 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Why not a modified T-Amp. 60$ and you're good to go.
The pics; thats what he needs to see. I think a lot of folks don't realise what can be done with a DIY speaker. Those boxes and the price of the Theater threes? Can't beat it with a stick.

Re: On the bad side ... [message #47858 is a reply to message #47852] Tue, 04 October 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imahawki is currently offline  imahawki
Chancellor
Perhaps you haven't heard it but in general, where would you rate Arcam? I mean, clearly its not bottom-shelf Best Buy stuff... Just seeking opinions.

I'm in Nebraska [message #47885 is a reply to message #47839] Wed, 05 October 2005 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pfenning is currently offline  Pfenning
Chancellor
I just about fell out of my chair when I saw your post. I just recieved my Stage 4 kits yesterday, and I hope to begin building the cabinets this weekend. I'll keep everyone posted on the progress here on the forum. Good luck with your decision, Wayne helped me decide after a fairly long phone conversation. I have to say he really knows his products, and what works best with certain systems and tastes. I have SET amps from Bottlehead, which is why I purchased the Stage 4 Pi's.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: I'm in Nebraska [message #47886 is a reply to message #47885] Wed, 05 October 2005 19:04 Go to previous message
imahawki is currently offline  imahawki
Chancellor
Awesome, I did get a hold of the guy from Omaha I was asking about in my other post. Good luck with your project!

Previous Topic: Question about Audiophile series
Next Topic: Woofer cooling device - Destructive test
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 23:40:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout