Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Interesting materials
Interesting materials [message #47826] Sat, 01 October 2005 13:11 Go to next message
Paul C. is currently offline  Paul C.
Master
My wife was watching one of those home improvment shows and they used this product:

http://www.naply.com/wigglewood.html

Thought it would be good for some horn cabinets.

But also on the same site some other nice products:

http://www.naply.com/spectrum.html

Lots of other nice plywoods, veneers, etc. Look around on the site.

Re:Cool! [message #47827 is a reply to message #47826] Sat, 01 October 2005 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I want some 4" thick Crib-Ply for my next speaker cabinets!

Re: Interesting materials [message #47829 is a reply to message #47826] Sat, 01 October 2005 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Oh, wow, that does look handy!

Re: Interesting materials [message #47830 is a reply to message #47829] Sat, 01 October 2005 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul C. is currently offline  Paul C.
Master
The Wiggle Wood was used, bent to do some project on the home improvement show. She watches thes shows to learn how to do the things she can't get me to do. Anyway, my wife called my attention to the wiggle wood and the first thing I thought of was making those curve pieces in an Altec Lansing Voice of the Theatre or other such horns. Even though it is a little thin, if you want thicker you could always bend one layer in shape, spread some glue, and laminate another layer on top.

OR you could fill the area behind it with expanding foam to damp vibration.

The other stuff that caught my eye on the site was the Spectrum wood. I could just see that used to do some nice wood horns.

Plus they have several birch plys.

Their "Lite-ply" is used, as their web page says, in many R/C model airplane kits.

So the thing is, how do we find stores that have this stuff?

Paul C.

Re: Interesting materials [message #47831 is a reply to message #47830] Sat, 01 October 2005 16:52 Go to previous message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
Great looking stuff- the Finnish birch ply looks world-class. It looks like they only sell wholesale. Maybe if you contact them they could give you names of dealers. That 4' ply would be stiff!!

Previous Topic: Wayne: Please send me the box dimensions for mid horn?
Next Topic: Request for plans for Pi 7 & 10 bass bin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 07:03:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout