Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » New info about the Prosound Shootout
New info about the Prosound Shootout [message #47756] Wed, 21 September 2005 16:31 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

More info has been added to the Prosound Shootout website.

See ProsoundShootout.com and click on the "Online Discussion" link for the latest news.

Re: New info about the Prosound Shootout [message #47760 is a reply to message #47756] Thu, 22 September 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
bummer the heavy hitters are scared to show up

Heavy Jitters [message #47762 is a reply to message #47760] Thu, 22 September 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master
The original subject here was heavy hitters, but my typo looked good so I left it. I wouldn't say they're scared, but how will it look if our homebuilt 1/4 to 1/3 price cabinets (Fitz or Pi), approach or exceed theirs? Can you say market share? I have no doubt their gear is awesome, so show it off already.

Kudos to bassmax for still coming. Dangit, I really wanted to hear a lab or a danley horn.

I'll try to get specs and pics to you this weekend Wayne.
Leland

Re: Heavy Jitters [message #47763 is a reply to message #47762] Thu, 22 September 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
good one! Either they think they are above the test or they dont as as much faith in their product as they do in their advertising.
There's so many guys out there like Velodyne, Sunfire, Edgar, M&K, Kef, Serv Drive, Bag End, Teufel, Klipsch and Snell... Not to mention all the big label pro sound guys with massive claims of earthshaking low frequency. My hats off to all you guys with an entry in the arena and shame on those who just sit back and advertise.

bill

Re: Heavy Jitters [message #47767 is a reply to message #47763] Fri, 23 September 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Whats the incentive for a big company to show? First they have to vette all of the electrical and physical set-up. Then they have advertising proscriptions that could be violated. The list goes on and on. It's a zero sum for them.
What would they get out of it?

Re: Heavy Jitters [message #47768 is a reply to message #47767] Fri, 23 September 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
You have a good point in that "there isn't anything in it for them" It's too bad for the smaller company's that could use the help of a direct comparison to justify their worthiness of market share. It's too bad for the big company's that crunch the numbers and realize there is no benefit to substantiate there existence with any kind of truth in advertisement.

The few things that could be of interest to a larger company would be bragging rights, not only against a group of smaller manufacturers but if you got all the sub guys to show there face, there would be a comparison across a larger group that the buying public is looking for. If big boy ultra expense products came out on top it would be more proof on their part, that if you want good equipment the DIY rout is not as good as spending lots of dough.
But.... I see your point because I don’t have any need for advertisement myself. The effort just doesn’t pan out to be worthwhile.

Re: Heavy Jitters [message #47774 is a reply to message #47768] Fri, 23 September 2005 11:58 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
It's sad this is the fact but all they have to do is point to market share and thats all folks.

Previous Topic: sub plans
Next Topic: Dayton Speaker Cabinets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 02:36:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout