Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Stage 4's
Stage 4's [message #47749] Tue, 20 September 2005 09:38 Go to next message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
Been listening to my new Stage 4's for a few weeks now, and happy to report they're definitely keepers! Sound great with the Paramours- very big sound when the volume's up, very solid high-def bass, full mids, and nice sparkle at the top. Also, very low distortion, and it's easy to hear all the different instruments in symphonic music. These took a no. of hours to break in (3 watts doesn't move these much!) and get the right placement for my room, but now have great sound stage & balance. Used an Adcom ss to help break them in and the living room sounded like a good club system!

Word about the old Pi Twos- hearing the Stage 4's doesn't shame them at all. While they have a little more distortion and not as much in the bottom, it's a great sounding speaker, incredible dynamics, and incredible value for the $$.

Re: Stage 4's [message #47750 is a reply to message #47749] Tue, 20 September 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
roland is currently offline  roland
Baron
cool.

I'm in the middle of the stage4 build. One box glued up for sanding, other ready for gluing...can't wait. All flush mounted, 'custom' port shape matching the horn (same area as the one in the plans)....will post pics once ready. Solid oak - I found this wood oil from CLOU that I tried on a scrap pices, works really well.

Roland

Re: some ways you're ahead of me.... [message #47751 is a reply to message #47750] Tue, 20 September 2005 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
I still haven't finished my cabs! Started on it, and a friend (professional antique restorer) had to go to europe on business for 3 weeks...have put a filler on and started sanding...supposed to finish sanding in the meantime- but I put the drivers in "temporarily" with thin drywall screws. sounds like yours will be very nice.

knowing yourself... [message #47752 is a reply to message #47751] Tue, 20 September 2005 14:17 Go to previous message
roland is currently offline  roland
Baron
sure, but you can listen to your's:)

I know me and if I'd go your way I'd be listening to them unfinished in ten years time still....they are bigger than I thought though.

Will take another couple of weeks to finish them, visitors and life in general is in the way.

Roland

Previous Topic: Upgrades
Next Topic: No more sandboxes, no more 45 degrees
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:18:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers