Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Audiophile Series seven π
Audiophile Series seven π [message #47540] Wed, 24 August 2005 17:13 Go to next message
beto1 is currently offline  beto1
Baron
Hi, can someone tell me the Audiophile Series seven π specifications, efficience, Frecuency response, etc. I supose thats depend on the drivers, so also I will like to know if I can use just Eminece drivers or some others like JBL. Can I obtain the enclosure plans here? I'm planning to build something like this speakers to match with my Audio Note Kit One (300B SET).
Thanks a lot in advance,
Beto

Re: Hola Beto; Hey Guys, Beto's in Chile and needs a lttle help [message #47541 is a reply to message #47540] Wed, 24 August 2005 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Glad to see you found your way here. Just ask your questions and ask Wayne for plans.

Re: Audiophile Series seven π [message #47542 is a reply to message #47540] Wed, 24 August 2005 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Tell me your E-Mail address and I'll send you the plans. Frequency response is 40Hz to 16kHz, efficiency is 101dB/W/M. I run Audiophile Series seven π speakers with an Audio Note Kit 2, and they sound excellent. In fact, that's one of the system combinations I used at the Great Plains Audiofest.

Re: Audiophile Series seven π [message #47543 is a reply to message #47542] Wed, 24 August 2005 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Hi Wayne,
Thank a lot for your info.
I'm planning to build hi-eff speakers for my kit one and now I'm researching wich will be the best and affordable prospect.
Here I have an Eminence dealer, I tink also a JBL, so I supose that I can get a good choice in order to avoid huge shipping cost.
Can you tell me more about the best enclosure/driver option to fill complete my relativelly small room (5 X3.5 meters, but my equipment is placed, obligatory, on the large side, so I have just 3.5 "throw") Also this means that corners are far from the speakers position. Maybe I can put some partition wall or panel, at speakers height, to generate the cosrner situation.
I'm thinkin on the seven Pi model because it seems to be the most sensitive and full bass enclosure.
Again, thank you a lot.
Greetings from Chile,
Beto
(I sent an e-mail also)

Gracias Bill!! [message #47544 is a reply to message #47541] Wed, 24 August 2005 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Thanks a lot Bill for your help!
Now I'm crazy searching here in my country for Altec and JBL vintage drivers, but they are hard to find in good working order (or they are absurd expensive like an Altec A7 system, in the past, my first choice) that I have find, so I decided to ,eventually, moves to a "modern" and affordable alternative. Eminence and JBL seems to be a very good alternative.
Best regards,
Beto

You've got mail! [message #47546 is a reply to message #47543] Wed, 24 August 2005 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Eminence or JBL [message #47593 is a reply to message #47546] Fri, 26 August 2005 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Wayne,
Thank you very much for your info and plans. Eminence or JBL? Which one is your personal taste?
Regards,
Beto

Re: Eminence or JBL [message #47594 is a reply to message #47593] Sat, 27 August 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The JBL midrange has a shorting ring, so the all-JBL Professional Series system offers lower distortion. Sounds very nice. But the Eminence Magnum has a shorting ring so the Audiophile Series system sounds very nice too. To compare with amplifiers, the Audiophile Series has a sort of SET sound, where the Professional Series is more of a FET sound.

Re: Eminence or JBL [message #47600 is a reply to message #47594] Sat, 27 August 2005 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Hi Wayne,
thats mean for a SET amp like my 300B AN kit One there is a better sinergy with Eminence drivers? (there is other PI spekers models too). Do you belive that for this amp, in my descibed room, Eminence drivers will be the best option? I know this is subjetive, but there are some paremeters like soundstage, low level details,transparence, etc. I hear all kind of music, but 60% of the time is acoustic jazz, 20% Clasics, the rest is Rock, etc (including experimental electronic music)
Sorry about this ton of questions, but this will be a blind purchase untill I have build the speakers, so I need all the feedback from whom has experienced both configurations.
Regards,
Alberto

Re: Eminence or JBL [message #47602 is a reply to message #47600] Sat, 27 August 2005 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Both will sound fabulous with your amp. Their sound is similar, but the JBL midrange has a shorting ring so it generates less harmonics.

Previous Topic: Ping: ColinHester
Next Topic: Anyone have comments on the Stage four Pi or pictures of finished Pi's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 08:17:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio