Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » flush mount or not?
Re: Recess the HS290 [message #47281 is a reply to message #47280] Thu, 07 July 2005 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Roland, are you asking how to recess mount the horn flare into the baffle. If so, one way to do it is to use templates. Here are the comments for each photo:

25) Screw horn down on first Template board.
27) With router base against horn, route out Template-1.
28) Use Template-1 to create Template-2. Router base against Template-1.
30 & 31) Use Template-2 to route out recess on front baffle. You will need to use a template guide on your router base. The size of the guide will depend on the size of the bit(s) you used for Template-1, Template-2 and final recess. Take your time to do the template-math to figure out the size of the template guide. Then do the math again several times to make sure you come to the same answer.

How did I figure this out? Simple. I asked.
http://www.audioroundtable.com/Craftsmen/messages/311.html

BTW, if you flush mount the horn by routing a recess into the baffle, you may run into the same problem of not having enough material to screw in the horns.

Gar.

Re: reinforcement.... [message #47282 is a reply to message #47279] Thu, 07 July 2005 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
I don't think that level of hum should be bad in those speakers. Let us know how they sound!

great stuff. Posting pics as soon as they are finished... [message #47283 is a reply to message #47281] Thu, 07 July 2005 23:30 Go to previous message
roland is currently offline  roland
Baron
Roland

Previous Topic: Near Field or Mid Field Moniters
Next Topic: studio one
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:41:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio