Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » A horn tweeter choice
A horn tweeter choice [message #46878] Fri, 13 May 2005 09:55 Go to next message
Eric J is currently offline  Eric J
Viscount
I need to look at tweeter horns with published frequency/db responses that are pretty flat to 20K.

My price range is really no more than $40 per tweeter. At the moment I am looking at the Eminence APT's with either the 80 degree conical lens or the rectangular horn lens, or the Fostex 100HT.

Does anybody have any experience with these? And does anybody know of any others within my price range, that also have published frequency curves. CD horns are OK. I will have the equalization necessary with the electronic crossover on the Behringer CX3400.

kind regards,

eric j.

Re: A horn tweeter choice [message #46883 is a reply to message #46878] Sat, 14 May 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The APT tweeters are pretty good. You didn't say how low you need these to run, but the Beyma CP21F slot tweeters are very nice up high. Sound a lot like the JBL 2405 at half the price. Still might be a little more than you want to spend though.

Re: A horn tweeter choice??? [message #46884 is a reply to message #46883] Sat, 14 May 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric J is currently offline  Eric J
Viscount
Thanks, Wayne.

I need to cross at about 3-3.5K, using 24db slope. Do you have a source for a frequency response for the Beyma CP21F? I'm using an electronic cross, and I don't want to put in equalization to mess up the phase relationships, so flat frequency response is pretty paramount.

eric j.

Re: A horn tweeter choice??? [message #46885 is a reply to message #46884] Sat, 14 May 2005 06:36 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I designed a crossover for a speaker using the CP21F tweeter, but it's been a while back. As I recall, I think you can obtain pretty good information directly from Beyma.

Previous Topic: Pi 1's
Next Topic: 2118H pialign
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:23:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout