Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » It must be the Auricaps
It must be the Auricaps [message #46699] Mon, 11 April 2005 19:09 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I played with the polarity as Russell and Ron recommended and maybe reversing the horn toned down the shrillness a little.
That was with 15 R1 and R2 and .33 Clarity cap.
I added .1 Clarity which helped a little more so then I tore it up and made a new attenuator with .47 Auricap. Still 10dB 15 and 15.
Auricap is smoother, no doubt and the bigger value mid-range balances the highs a little better.
I wonder if Auricaps sound so good because they round off the edges?
I'm close to ordering those expensivo TRT Dynamicaps.
Still, volume up is not good, even on vinyl.
I had 30 and 60 Ohms R1 and R2 on the 16 Ohm crossover I liked so well so obviously I need to try 12 dB attenuation.
Stay tuned.

Any plans for motor runs? [message #46701 is a reply to message #46699] Tue, 12 April 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Bill,

Do you have any plans to try motor run caps that were mentioned recently? I still don't understand those things. They're meant for HVACs and heavy equipment but are suppose to sound good in an audio circuit?

gar.

Re: Motor runs later; 12dB is just right [message #46704 is a reply to message #46701] Tue, 12 April 2005 17:48 Go to previous message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I drive past Grainger almost every day and will get some motor runs to see. I Trust Garland.
In the meantime, I have to try the copper foil coils that are in the 16Ohm cross over to see if that's what I'm missing 'cause I'm still not quite there. More $$$Bucks to PE!

Previous Topic: Reconing JBL 2245 to 2241
Next Topic: home theater speaker recommendations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 15:53:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout