Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Seven Pi base questions
Seven Pi base questions [message #46512] Sat, 19 March 2005 09:25 Go to next message
Dean Kukral is currently offline  Dean Kukral
Master
I am getting ready to build the bass for the Seven Pi. I would like to know if the 2226 should be mounted internally (there is a gasket to facilitate this) or externally? Also, if I mount it externally, should I rout a ridge for it to sit in, so that the driver does not stand proud of the box, and should I use the gasket on the back side?

Also, does the box need additional bracing?

TIA,

Dean

Re: Seven Pi base questions [message #46513 is a reply to message #46512] Sat, 19 March 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Mount it externally. That makes driver mounting a snap. You can route it flush if you'd like. As for bracing, the top and sides are solid but the front and back panels need bracing. Brace them well, at least put a cross brace in every 18". If the panel doesn't sound like a solid block of wood when you tap it, then you need additional bracing.

Thanks! (nt) [message #46514 is a reply to message #46513] Sat, 19 March 2005 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dean Kukral is currently offline  Dean Kukral
Master
How do you do a "no text" message?

"This space intentionally left blank." [message #46515 is a reply to message #46514] Sat, 19 March 2005 17:31 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

To make a blank message, press the space bar in the message field.

Previous Topic: 2 pi plans, please.
Next Topic: Crossover parts upgrades
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 21:34:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout