Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Anyone north of the boarder handle Eminence?
Anyone north of the boarder handle Eminence? [message #46428] Wed, 02 March 2005 19:12 Go to next message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Name says it all... Looking for (internet) Canadian dealer of Eminence?

Adam

Re: Anyone north of the boarder handle Eminence? [message #46430 is a reply to message #46428] Wed, 02 March 2005 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RMW is currently offline  RMW
Baron
www.loudspeakers.ca

I would recommend you call them, rather than emailing. Response time for email is not the best. Located in Waterloo ON, and they have a sizable warehouse.

No affiliation, just one of their customers. If you're looking to do Studio Series, you may find that they still have some CTS/Motorola KSN-1038A's in stock.

Re: Anyone north of the boarder handle Eminence? [message #46444 is a reply to message #46430] Sat, 05 March 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin nemrava is currently offline  kevin nemrava
Esquire
I can get you stuff through parts express, as I have a dealer account with them, drop me a line if you interested.

Kevin Nemrava

PS where are you? - I am calgary

Re: Anyone north of the boarder handle Eminence? [message #46445 is a reply to message #46444] Sat, 05 March 2005 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Since it has to come through customs either way, I don't see that as an advantage. π Speakers purchases directly from Eminence, and our prices are less than the wholesale cost from Parts Express. We have a wholesale account with Parts Express too, but obviously, we don't use that to purchase Eminence products. We get better deals from Eminence because we buy in quantities and go direct.

Re: Anyone north of the boarder handle Eminence? [message #46453 is a reply to message #46445] Mon, 07 March 2005 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscarl is currently offline  Oscarl
Chancellor
Wayne,

Just 2 quick questions

What are the normal customs cost (percentage tax+duties). Or does it depend on the product?

Where can I get more info on your shipping costs to Canada.

Thanx
Oscar

Re: Anyone north of the boarder handle Eminence? [message #46454 is a reply to message #46444] Mon, 07 March 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
That's not a problem... I have a wholesale account with Parts Express, but charges at the boarder are still substantial...

Adam

Re: Anyone north of the boarder handle Eminence? [message #46457 is a reply to message #46453] Mon, 07 March 2005 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The best way to go is surface parcel post with insurance. Costs are reasonable, and they don't have customs brokerage fees like UPS does.

Re: Anyone north of the boarder handle Eminence? [message #46476 is a reply to message #46453] Wed, 09 March 2005 15:17 Go to previous message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
MOST OF THE TIME, if you ship by USPS (not to be confused with UPS), all you need to pay is shipping cost, handling fees ($5), and taxes (GST + PST).

Shipping, GST and PST is a given, whether you buy in Canada or from Wayne. Taxes are less if you buy from Wayne because his cost is less. Difference in shipping depends on which part of Canada you're in.

For me, living in Toronto, it's still cheaper for me to buy from Wayne than from Q-Components in Waterloo when I look at total cost. However, it does take longer for delivery.

Gar.

Previous Topic: change dimensions of studio 1 or 2
Next Topic: By-Pass caps?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 02:40:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers