Home » Audio » General » So was Santa good to you?
So was Santa good to you? [message #4637] Tue, 25 December 2007 21:41 Go to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I think he was for me this year.

I got a copy of Ken Burns' "The War" DVD set from PBS.
Several DVD's including "Letters from Iwo Jima" and the "Bourne Supremacy".

And I got the 5 LP collection of Bob Dylan--"Biograph". It's mint without a mark one that I can tell on any of the vinyl.

Now I just need to figure out something to keep my fingers warmer when riding my motorcycle below 45 degrees. The hour ride I took this afternoon got a little nippy on the fingers (leather thinsulated gloves) after 30 minutes at 60+mph.

Re: So was Santa good to you? [message #4638 is a reply to message #4637] Wed, 26 December 2007 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

My Christmas was great. Got to be with all the family, my grandparents, my parents my wife, my brother and my two sons. Everyone is healthy and happy, so it doesn't get any better than that.

Riding in the winter, huh? Fifteen to twenty years ago, I used to ride a lot even in very cold weather. Haven't done that much in a while. I remember one ride that was probably a mistake because my fingers got so cold I could barely grab the clutch near the end of the ride.

Winter riding [message #4639 is a reply to message #4638] Wed, 26 December 2007 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Back from '87-90 all I had was a bike in SW KS. I rode many times 10 miles each way to work in ice, snow, 15 below zero weather. never again. With the gear I've got now I'm good for at least 40 degrees, except for my hands. When I rode yesterday I never got cold anywhere except my hands. Besides, I don't like the idea of all the work to winterize a bike. Tires off the concrete, change oil, pull battery, clean, fill gas and stabilize, fog cylinders---Not riding!!!

Re: Winter riding [message #4641 is a reply to message #4639] Wed, 26 December 2007 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
40 years ago next month, my last ride in the Winter resulted in a mid-nite trip to Radcliffe Infirmary and a Royal Enfield 500 Twin with a bent frame. OY!

On a happier note, I got music, the Hi-Fi news test record and a SOTA coffee thermos so I don't have to drink Charbucks anymore. Muse got cat-nip.

Re: So was Santa good to you? [message #4643 is a reply to message #4638] Fri, 28 December 2007 14:07 Go to previous message
Shane Martin is currently offline  Shane Martin
Esquire
Wife bought me the Joshua Tree Special Edition Boxset. This is a pretty snazzy set.

Previous Topic: Audio Meet at Steve's
Next Topic: Fisher SA-300b volume]balance Mod
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 21:15:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout