Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » New System
New System [message #46172] Sat, 22 January 2005 16:37 Go to next message
Steph is currently offline  Steph
Esquire
Aloha,

Thanks Wayne for your generosity.

I'm putting together a sound system for a new dance space. I think I have the subs worked out and just found your site when checking into mains designs. I wonder if you can look at my situation and recommend a Pi for me.

24' x 24' (ceiling 15' in center) 6912 cu ft

ideal mounting in 4 corners at about 7' (ideally speaker box(es) would be horizontally mounted, 24" or less in height)

Use: Music- soft to LOUD

Subs- Infinite Baffle w/8 Stryke/Lambda IB15s

I'm intrigued by the Pi7 Pro Kit. I'm ignorant of the internal details of the box but wonder if (for my aesthetic ideal) the speakers be mounted horizontally with the horns on top?

Thanks,

Steph

Re: New System [message #46174 is a reply to message #46172] Sat, 22 January 2005 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Since you're planning to use room corners, I think the seven π speakers will be excellent for you. The horns are already mounted on top, so I think you're set there.

I'l send you the plans if you're interested. I might also suggest these papers:

Re: New System [message #46175 is a reply to message #46174] Sat, 22 January 2005 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Thanks Wayne,

I would like to take a look at the plans to see what's involved.

I have a great place to mount the speaker but not enough room for them to be standing as designed. Can I build them to lay on their side (horns on top, on what used to be the side)?

Would 4 speakers, one in each corner, be overkill?

Thanks for making great sound available to us,

Steph

You've got mail! [message #46180 is a reply to message #46175] Sat, 22 January 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Please post or E-Mail me a photo or drawing of the layout of your room and more information about what you're doing. What will be in the room? Will it be an open floor? Or will there be furniture? How many people will be there? What is the construction of the room, walls and floor?

Re: You've got mail! [message #46181 is a reply to message #46180] Sun, 23 January 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Thanks Wayne,

I emailed you a few photos to illustrate the situation.

Thanks,

Steph

Reply sent [message #46182 is a reply to message #46181] Sun, 23 January 2005 18:14 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Previous Topic: 2Pi Towers
Next Topic: 8 Pi ...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 16:28:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers