Home » Audio » General » Winter projects. What's everybody working on?
Re: A Pair of "Statement" Speakers [message #4563 is a reply to message #4561] Fri, 05 October 2007 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The Statements are up and playing, and they are every bit as good as Jim and Curt said they would be. Simply stated they do eveything right.

Everybody knows I'm a fanatical line array fan, so keep this bias in mind when I advise you to build the LS-9's instead. I haven't heard them, but I anticipate they will excel in the ability to create a "you are there" impression of the music.

Your wife actually likes big speakers? Wow! Every man knows the coolness quotient of a speaker goes up with its size, while every woman believes a speaker is a thing of unspeakable ugliness to be made as small as possible and hidden behind a fern on a high shelf. Your wife and mine are two of the few exceptions. We're going to the RMAF together, and I plan to send her on an errand to distract her while I hear the LS-9's so she doesn't insist that I build a pair and buy a bigger house with a large listening room to use them in:)

Re: A Pair of "Statement" Speakers [message #4570 is a reply to message #4563] Sun, 07 October 2007 20:52 Go to previous message
Bill Agee is currently offline  Bill Agee
Chancellor
That's funny! We just bought a larger house with a 17x30 finished basement; just the right size for a line array pair. The previous house just wouldn't accomodate speakers of that size or we probably would have had the Alpha LS's.

Four or five years ago Danny hosted a DIY gathering. There were several listening rooms set up and plenty of systems to listen to, and each time my wife went missing I found her sitting in front of the Alpha's. I didn't blame her much either; they delivered!

We are going to the RMAF, too. I really want to sample the 6 and 9 and try to decide which will work best in my basement. Maybe we'll see you there.

Bill

Previous Topic: Zenith Mod. CV 5000 info?
Next Topic: Help with my car audio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 07:18:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout