Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Art crossovers
Art crossovers [message #45682] Mon, 25 October 2004 09:47 Go to next message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I have seen a lot of banter over this companies D/A converters. I have also seen some Art crossovers that were very inexpensive, $129-229, and to " call for price" which I assume is less. Anyone have any hi fi use experience with these units?

Thanks, Russellc

Re: Art crossovers [message #45683 is a reply to message #45682] Mon, 25 October 2004 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I assume you mean Applied Research and Technology and not Art Audio in Rhode Island. Actually, they both have a good reputation but Applied Research and Technology makes the DIO Tubed A/D converter and the 310 and 311 crossovers.

Check with Bill Martinelli and maybe scan through the DigitalAudio forum. I think Bill has one of those and if I remember right, he was very pleased with it. You might do a search of the DigitalAudio forum for "ART" and see what comes up too.

Re: Art crossovers [message #45684 is a reply to message #45683] Mon, 25 October 2004 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Oh... I stumbled upon a catalog of equipment after a google search.
I found the D/A in there and after poking around I found the crossover. I just mistakenly associated them w/ each other.
I did go ahead and order a set of boards from the gkaufman site, so I guess I am committing to the bench crossover. Thanks for setting me straight on the two companies. In fact it was one of Bill's replies that got me searching for that little d/a in the first place. If anyone's interested, I was emailed that he had several pairs of boards on hand, but had run out of pc mount tube sockets. If you miss out on those, he is supposed to have more in two weeks.

Thanks, Russellc

10 pi for domestic use [message #45685 is a reply to message #45683] Mon, 25 October 2004 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tightwad is currently offline  Tightwad
Baron
The only thing I've seen is that one dude with the Oris horns and the folded horns for bass.

What sort of issues pop up (besides the obvious size issue) when you start thinking of 10 pi vs, say, 4 pi?

Re: 10 pi for domestic use [message #45686 is a reply to message #45685] Mon, 25 October 2004 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Output from the ten π horn is much greater above 40Hz, so they are a lot louder. The bass sounds more powerful, though, ironically, some of the other models actually have deeper bass extension.

Re: Art crossovers [message #45694 is a reply to message #45683] Tue, 26 October 2004 17:53 Go to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
After reading your post more carefully I that the same company did make the d/a converter and the crossover. These crossovers are very reasonably priced.

Russellc

Previous Topic: Any word on the new 12" from Eminence?
Next Topic: Wayne Parham--Midrange horn
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 22:05:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout