Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4 PI Pro and horn flares
4 PI Pro and horn flares [message #45358] Sun, 12 September 2004 13:28 Go to next message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Wayne,
I am finally getting semi serious about assembly. I have the jbl drivers necessary for the 4 PI Pro ( 2225H and 2425H w/ 2370A flares) but looking at the dimensions I have realized that the 2370A does not fit the hole prescribed in the plans, and I really don't want them setting on top like my A-7 Altecs. So I ordered a pair of the eminence ( H290 I believe ) flares. Will these fit the jbl drivers I have? They are the type with screw on mounts, but I also have adapters that screw on and adapt them to either 2 or 3 bolt pattern. Hope I didn't jump the gun and order the wrong thing for my application. I asssumed that it would work, since the kit you sell does not specify a different flare if you order the JBL 2426 H option.

Thanks,
Cody

Re: 4 PI Pro and horn flares [message #45362 is a reply to message #45358] Sun, 12 September 2004 17:42 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Eminence H290 horns have both 2-hole and 3-hole mounts, so JBL 2426's will bolt right up. Most people grind off some material on the outside of the flare to make access to the mounting bolts easier.

Previous Topic: Pi 8 & mid horn
Next Topic: Pi Gallery location has changed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 00:20:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout