Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Finished my Stage Series 4 Pis!
Finished my Stage Series 4 Pis! [message #45048] Thu, 22 July 2004 20:34 Go to next message
James W. Johnson is currently offline  James W. Johnson
Master

Id say WOW! but that is just too dramatic and old but the truth is that it only took a minute of playing them to figure out that they are like my Klipsch Reference series to the tenth power!! Excuse my language but holy crap!

Gorgeous! [message #45050 is a reply to message #45048] Fri, 23 July 2004 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Those look stunning, James. They're really gorgeous!

Re: Finished my Stage Series 4 Pis! [message #45051 is a reply to message #45048] Fri, 23 July 2004 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Very nice James. I'm glad every thing worked out for you and they exceeded your expectations. Time to build a matching center channel! I think a Premium 3PI would be a great match.

What kind of screws did you use to attached the horns to the baffle? Did you insert plugs over the screw to cover them up?

Gar.

Re: Great Looking & V. Nice matching on the veneer. nt [message #45052 is a reply to message #45048] Fri, 23 July 2004 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master

Re: Finished my Stage Series 4 Pis! [message #45055 is a reply to message #45051] Sat, 24 July 2004 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Gar, they are 5/8" drywall screws, they worked out very nicely. I had some #8 stainless screws with some washer ready to go but when I discovered how little space there is between the screw and hole I had to go with something less stressing on the wood. I predrilled and torqued the screws down with the lowest setting on my drill...it worked out nicely. (shame on Eminence BTW!)
Also I got two different looking H290 horns in that one must be a new rev. because its hole could have been much smaller...probably at least an inch smaller both ways.

I think i'll take the stainless screws out of the Omegas and replace them with black screws as well...I am fortunate to have a hardware store nearby with an insane selection of screws and they have some #8 black screws.

Re: thanks but the veneer came in 4'x8' sheets! :-) nt [message #45056 is a reply to message #45052] Sat, 24 July 2004 08:13 Go to previous message
Master
nt

Previous Topic: Driver Is Blown :(
Next Topic: Old JVC'S
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 23:14:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio