Home » Audio » General » Anyone know what is happening with INternet Radio legislation?
Anyone know what is happening with INternet Radio legislation? [message #4501] Mon, 20 August 2007 06:17 Go to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Anyone have an update? Will Internet Radio be safe in the US? And how did our senators and Congressmen in Oklahoma vote?
thanks
-akhilesh

Re: Anyone know what is happening with INternet Radio legislation? [message #4502 is a reply to message #4501] Mon, 20 August 2007 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It looks like things may be turning, shifting slightly in favor of internet radio.

Things like this are always hard to judge, because the people deciding the rules are not always very good at judging technical matters. Sometimes, a large organization with an agenda can be pretty effective at manipulating judge's opinions. But that's not always the case. It's not impossible to educate judges on technical matters, it just takes some patience. I think this may be an example of that, where the judges are starting to see they've been "had" by greed-motivated opinions that aren't entirely fair.

Re: Anyone know what is happening with INternet Radio legislation? [message #4503 is a reply to message #4502] Fri, 24 August 2007 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Thanks Wayne. I think the more we all write to our senators & congresspeople, the better!
-akhilesh

Re: Anyone know what is happening with INternet Radio legislation? [message #4511 is a reply to message #4503] Wed, 05 September 2007 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
willyable is currently offline  willyable
Viscount
I think they should focus more on regulating videos freely shown on the net. There is just too much freedom here that children get to see the oddest or the most violent aspects of life. This one has more destructive effects.

Re: Anyone know what is happening with INternet Radio legislation? [message #4514 is a reply to message #4511] Wed, 05 September 2007 14:08 Go to previous message
sacback is currently offline  sacback
Baron
I completely agree!! But I suppose it is up to the parents to monitor what is going on with their children. And if the children are older, maybe you need to review the history of the site they were on so you can discuss it with them.

Previous Topic: radio dead?
Next Topic: mordaunt-short pageant series 2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:04:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout