Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Gamma10
Gamma10 [message #44884] Sun, 04 July 2004 20:50 Go to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Anyone ever checked out the Eminence Gamma 10? Seems like it would work very well in the 2PI Tower cabinets with no changes.

Gar.

Re: Gamma10 [message #44885 is a reply to message #44884] Mon, 05 July 2004 02:09 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Yes, it does look like the Gamma 10 would work pretty well in tower two π cabinets.

A quick model suggests the Gamma 10 works well in cabinets from 0.5ft3 to 2.5ft3 tuned to 50Hz, and that cabinets up to 5.5ft3 can be used with lower frequency tuning for an EBS alignment. A nice curve results with cabinets of 3.5ft3 to 5.5ft3 tuned to 40Hz, which gives a -3dB shelf from 100Hz down to 35Hz. The extended shelf goes deep and doesn't result in much reduction in output in the bottom octaves. So I'd say you're right, that the Gamma 10 could be expected to work pretty well in tower two π Speakers.

The Gamma 10 might work in the eight π Speaker too, but I'm not sure I'd want an EBS alignment for this one, since the BR extension is already reduced in relation to midrange horn output. But it might sound just fine.

I have tended to skip Eminence series for no other reason than they have so many products available. I've tended to choose lines that have double power ratings. Eminence has a part available about every 100 watts, I tend to go for doubles, like 100w, 200w, 400w, etc. But the fact that I don't use a particular part is only because there are so many, and isn't necessarily an indication that I don't like a particular speaker. The Gamma's are probably quite nice.

Previous Topic: Anyone here try the Adire HE-12 speakers?
Next Topic: Has anyone else try the Pi 8?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 03:06:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio