Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » wayne - followup from earlier on small cornerhorns
wayne - followup from earlier on small cornerhorns [message #44794] Sat, 19 June 2004 19:08 Go to next message
jeff g is currently offline  jeff g
Chancellor
wayne

i was thinking of building the pi one as a cornerhorn - i.e. with the woofer mounted on the back (just to augment the bass, although i've never heard the pi one and don't really know if it's required, i know i like the bass on my pi two towers)

anyway, any reason why the rear mounted woofer wouldn't be a good idea? i'd follow the rest of the design as is

also, if the speaker were to be mounted approx. 5-6 off the ground in the corner, should the tweeter be mounted to point downwards?

thanks

jeff

Re: wayne - followup from earlier on small cornerhorns [message #44797 is a reply to message #44794] Sun, 20 June 2004 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That would work just fine, but the Alpha 8's don't go particularly deep. If your room is larger than about 100 ft2 and you aren't planning on using a sub, I think you might be happier using Alpha 10's. As for height, if these will be mounted up in the ceiling corners, I might be inclined to angle the tweeters slightly downward.

Re: wayne - followup from earlier on small cornerhorns [message #44804 is a reply to message #44797] Tue, 22 June 2004 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jeff g is currently offline  jeff g
Chancellor
thanks wayne

yes, i probably would prefer the alpha 10s, but it's going to be a question of size because these are for a second, background type system in the living room (and to prevent damage/injury with my daughter). what i really want is the theatre 7 cornerhorns but somehow i don't think i can hide those as easily - although they'd probably make a good playhouse :)

jeff

Re: wayne - followup from earlier on small cornerhorns [message #44806 is a reply to message #44804] Tue, 22 June 2004 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
>>what i really want is the theatre 7 cornerhorns but somehow i don't think i can hide those as easily

Na, but the woofers firing into a corner so it'll make it a little harder for little fingers poking things back there.

>> - although they'd probably make a good playhouse :)

You can change her mind real quick, it's amazing how 400w will change a little kids mind about playing in speakers.

Sorry couldn't help it
Bill W.

Re: wayne - followup from earlier on small cornerhorns [message #44807 is a reply to message #44806] Tue, 22 June 2004 15:35 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I guess that doesn't score highly in the "plays well with others" category.

Previous Topic: Coils! I must have coils!!!!!
Next Topic: Eight TT speaker plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 13:30:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout