Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » studio 2 ports
studio 2 ports [message #44647] Fri, 21 May 2004 08:57 Go to next message
Tom Flahavan is currently offline  Tom Flahavan
Chancellor
Is there a part I need to purchase for the port? I take it there is more to it than drilling a 2 inch hole.

Re: studio 2 ports [message #44648 is a reply to message #44647] Fri, 21 May 2004 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
If you got the kit from Wayne, there should be a section of a cardboard mailing tube in the box somewhere. Easy to miss if you're not looking for it. cut off sections of that so that when you add the thickness of the baffle you get the total port length. Just glue it on, or brace it with some tape. Looks good with inside of port painted flat black.

Re: studio 2 ports [message #44649 is a reply to message #44648] Fri, 21 May 2004 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
That's right, the duct material is in the Studio two π kit. If you build your own instead of purchasing kits, of if you're changing tower two's into studio two's and need some duct material, you can purchase a 2" mailing tube like this. You can usually find them available locally at shipping and office supply stores.

Re: studio 2 ports [message #44666 is a reply to message #44649] Tue, 25 May 2004 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duncan McBride is currently offline  Duncan McBride
Baron
Hey, does the Studio 2 use the same Zobel as the Tower 2? I was thinking that after comparing the Towers with the new Pi8s, I might want to convert the Towers to Studio 2s. Could you email me the plans? Thanks, Duncan

You've got mail! [message #44667 is a reply to message #44666] Tue, 25 May 2004 11:03 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
The studio two π and tower two π speakers use the exact same electrical components. The only difference is the cabinet. There is no crossover and no Zobel in either speaker, only a single coil used for slight EQ of the Alpha 10.

Previous Topic: 8Pi redux
Next Topic: Question fo Wayne: 8uF cap in Theater 4 tweeter crossover
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 18:31:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout