Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 7 PI profess'l series w / 10 in. mid plans
7 PI profess'l series w / 10 in. mid plans [message #44581] Fri, 07 May 2004 18:57 Go to next message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Wayne, are you offering plans for the PI seven professional series with 10 inch midrange? Would love them. Also, I would be interested in the mid horn flats I have seen refered to, are they on the site yet, and if not, can I get in line? I am assuming that this is the same mid range horn on the 7pi professional series?

Russystems

Re: 7 PI profess'l series w / 10 in. mid plans [message #44582 is a reply to message #44581] Sat, 08 May 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I saw you put the mid horn kit on your site now, but would still like the other info. I'm going to build them first, before the rest of the 7 Pi cabinet. Might make for some interesting experimenting on top of my A-7s in the mean time!

Thanks in advance,
Russellc

You've got mail! [message #44584 is a reply to message #44582] Sat, 08 May 2004 09:39 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
You're right, the midhorns are available online now. All the wood options are listed, and everything is ready to go. A passive crossover is available there too. You'll want the π 250/1.6kHz crossover with Pseudo-1st MF and LF, and 10dB compensation MF and HF. You'll find those options listed in the "Damp" and "Comp" sections on the crossover page in the shopping cart.

I'm in the process of redrawing the plans now. It's going to take some time, but I'm hoping to have them all ready by the end of the month. In the meantime, there's enough information to build them and I can help you with it if need be. I've sent plans that you can use for the base, and you can build the midhorn as shown here. Cut sheet drawings are shown on the "Horn Basics" page.

The base π cornerhorn is the same as shown in existing plans, just like shown in the PiAlign document. Just put the midrange horn on top of that. The tweeter horn can be mounted flush in the base cabinet or on top of the midhorn, just as long as the mouth edge of the tweeter and midhorn is flush and they are physically close vertically, within a nine inches.

Previous Topic: Cutting a circle
Next Topic: Holy Trigonometry!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 22:13:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout