Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » professional seven pi
professional seven pi [message #44074] Fri, 27 February 2004 18:57 Go to next message
more is currently offline  more
Esquire
Hey gang, I started cutting wood yesterday and need to get a few things straight before I continue.

One drawing in the set of 7pi professional plans seems to show the total height of the corner horn box at 34.25" but the picture of the baffle seems to indicate the baffle alone is 34.25", which would mean the total height is actually 35.75"? Or does the baffle need to be reduced to 32.75"? Or doesn't it really matter anyways - ? I've already cut the front,rear and sides to 34.25 but I can shorten them if necessary of course. I also will not be mounting my HF horn/driver inside the cabinet - do I need to adjust the volume downwards? I was thinking of just tossing in some smallish cleats and braces to maybe take up some of the "extra" space.

I would rather cut a circular port hole in the baffle and use a port tube centered underneath the 2226 if possible. What width/length circular tube should I use?

Re: professional seven pi [message #44081 is a reply to message #44074] Fri, 27 February 2004 23:33 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
The plans are drawn to show outside dimensions. As such, the front baffle is 34.25" x 17.5". About the port, it really needs to be done as shown. Space is limited in the motor cabinet and so the port is tricky in this model, but it works well.

Previous Topic: One Pi plans
Next Topic: BETA 12LTA in a PiAlign enclosure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 16:19:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout