Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2 pi and grill question
2 pi and grill question [message #44043] Wed, 25 February 2004 18:41 Go to next message
Randy is currently offline  Randy
Esquire
I got the 2pi kit and will begin my assemble journey, hopefully soon, thanks for the quick shipment Wayne. Also ordered a foreplay and paramours, more fun to come. I was wondering if anyone knew how grills effect sonic quality, or any experience with grills. I am thinking about a thin metal cover with a pattern laser cut that would "float" above the speakers ie allow air (sound) to pass through the cuts on the front as well as along all sides. Anyone think that would mess with the sound? Related question is the reason that a grill cloth type cover affects the sound the actual material or that the frame abuts the cabinet and forms a seal? Wayne do you have a pi logo in high quality digital format you could email?

Re: 2 pi and grill question [message #44045 is a reply to message #44043] Wed, 25 February 2004 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
There are lots of really attractive grilles style you can use. All of them attenuate the treble a little bit, but aesthetically, it's sometimes worth it. Take a look at some of the grilles people have used here.

Re: 2 pi and grill question [message #44051 is a reply to message #44045] Thu, 26 February 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caddis is currently offline  Caddis
Esquire
Wayne,

Those pictures are great. You should link to that picture page from your front page or somewhere else where it would be easy to find.

Caddis

Re: 2 pi and grill question [message #44086 is a reply to message #44043] Sat, 28 February 2004 14:26 Go to previous message
GarlandGarland is currently offline  GarlandGarland
Viscount
Randy,

I think grills are a good aesthetic thing but be forwarned that they do indeed affect the sound. So make sure you make them removable for those late night listening sessions when you want to get really close to the music!

G.

Previous Topic: BETA 12LTA in a PiAlign enclosure
Next Topic: Found Altec 406 Application Data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:08:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers