Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Magnum 12HO - Anyone auditioned these yet?
Magnum 12HO - Anyone auditioned these yet? [message #43973] Mon, 16 February 2004 20:51 Go to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Anyone got their hands on one of these yet for audition? I was checking out its specs on the Eminence site and looks like they would make an excellent midrange.

Wayne, don't you get free samples from Eminence all the time? ;-)

Gar.

Re: Magnum 12HO - Anyone auditioned these yet? [message #43975 is a reply to message #43973] Tue, 17 February 2004 06:37 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I've brought in some Magnum 15HO's. They sound clean and tight, as you might expect from the improvements to the magnetic structure. It uses a shorting ring in the motor to counteract flux modulation from voice coil currents. This technology is used on most high-end woofers and reduces asymmetrical nonlinearities in motor movement. That reduces harmonic distortion, and makes the speaker sound cleaner and less fatiguing when played at moderate to high levels for an extended period of time. So I'm hoping they incorporate these kinds of motors in the rest of their line, as time and budget allows.

Previous Topic: Pictures of Pi-speakers ??
Next Topic: Reads for the day
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 18:49:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout