Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Piezo notes
Piezo notes [message #43851] Tue, 03 February 2004 04:09 Go to next message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Thought this may be an interesting article to post. Its called "High Quality Use of Motorola's Piezo Driver" by Mike Klasco. I found it on the internet, it talks about a number of things to consider when implementing motorola/CTS piezo drivers in a system such as sensitivity, driver to horn matching, piezo crossover, piezo bandwidth, principles behind piezo's and all the other important considerations about piezos. I think people have asked a number of things this article goes through before, so I'll post the links here.

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

The website I got those links from is http://users.tpg.com.au/users/gradds/piezos.htm. On that page also is freq response curves of a number of Motorola piezo's which may be useful to somebody now or in the future.

Re: Piezo notes [message #43852 is a reply to message #43851] Tue, 03 February 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
CTS has a pretty good document on their site too.
Already posted in the past, but good to have it in one spot.

Gar.

Re: Piezo notes [message #43853 is a reply to message #43851] Tue, 03 February 2004 11:01 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Yeah, that's Andy Gradds' page. He posts here from time to time as "Andy G." That's a great article on large-format piezo tweeters (made to fit existing 1" thread-on compression horns). I don't think that particular article was on Andy's site last time he posted a link here, so thanks for giving us a "heads-up" about it.

Like Gar said, the CTS website also has some very useful information. They've really done well to keep the original Motorola design popular, and to even extend their value by increased awareness of the device and excellent quality control.

And for the archives, I also have the original 1970's spec sheet for the KSN-1038 small-format horns from the original manufacturer, Motorola. You can find it on the π Speakers website at www.PiSpeakers.com/KSN1041.htm. Click anywhere on the page to get a large, hi-res view.

Previous Topic: Thermionic 3Pi
Next Topic: JBl 2235
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 07:26:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout