Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2 Watt Dilemma
2 Watt Dilemma [message #43491] Sun, 28 December 2003 20:33 Go to next message
mrgrits is currently offline  mrgrits
Esquire
Which Pi designs would be best for my Dec Zen?

Good top-end, mids, and decent bass (FS45).

Thanks.

Mr. Grits

Re: 2 Watt Dilemma [message #43493 is a reply to message #43491] Sun, 28 December 2003 21:00 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I think most would suggest Theater Series four π speakers, as they are the most popular model for amps like the Zen. The Theater seven π is an excellent speaker too, but it requires corner placement. If you're on a budget, the tower two π's are great sounding speakers, as are the bookshelf version two π's. The one π is a good speaker too, but you would be best served using it with a subwoofer. The Thermionics are very nice and have a vintage sound, but they are very large. But any of these are speakers that I would recommend for the Zen.

Last month, I heard a pair of Stage Series seven π's connected to a Zen Select amp. I wouldn't have expected the bass to be very good in this combination, but it sounded very, very good. You could hear the speaker's impedance influence in the circuit, but the overall result was very satisfying. I found most people were drawn to the room that had this system, and we all just seemed to sit there quietly listening, instead of socializing as is normal for these events. It just sounded very good.

Previous Topic: Those darned physics again!
Next Topic: JBL tent sale enclosure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 18:25:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout