Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Question re: Values for R-L-C Mechanical Reactance
Question re: Values for R-L-C Mechanical Reactance [message #43270] Fri, 05 December 2003 10:12 Go to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hi Wayne,

I think I understand how to calucate values of L and C to similate mechanical reactance in SPICE.
R of L and C = Zmax/Qms at F(res)

However, looking at your examples of woofer models in the crossover document on your site, it seems to assume that Zmax ~ 10 x Qms for all drivers. This would be correct for the Alpha8, but does not match the specs available for the other drivers. Can you please clarify?

Also, is the R value in the mech reactance model set at Zmax?

thanks,
gar.

Answer re: Values for R-L-C Mechanical Reactance [message #43273 is a reply to message #43270] Fri, 05 December 2003 15:46 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You're right about the mechanical resonance values in the Spice files in my distribution file. They are usually close, but some aren't exact. One of these times I may go back and enter exact values, but it really isn't that important because they aren't relevant to analyze behavior near the crossover frequency. They're tuned several octaves below crossover. Most times, the mechanical resonance is commented out because it isn't needed for the crossover calculation.

Previous Topic: Question on Theater 4 Dimensions
Next Topic: has any one tried the P.Audio 2226 woofer?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 07:35:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio