Home » Audio » General » FredT --- Ella Amp and ART arrays?
FredT --- Ella Amp and ART arrays? [message #4321] Tue, 15 May 2007 21:34 Go to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Fred - Did you get a chance to bring the Ella and run her on the arrays? If so I'm curious to yours and others opinions that may have heard this combo. As I've said before I like the sound of an EL34 amp and hopefully will get the arrays built sometime this summer.

BTW -- nice job on the coverage of the show!!!

Re: FredT --- Ella Amp and ART arrays? [message #4322 is a reply to message #4321] Wed, 16 May 2007 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
No, when you said you weren't coming I brought a KT-88 SET instead. But the Ella is a very good amp. I have used it with the ART Arrays before and they mate very well. I have also used my Assemblage ST-40 EL34 amp and it works well too. The ART Arrays can be run with amplifiers as small as a 2A3 SET, but you really need the 8 watts of a 300B to begin to hear the dynamics. The 20 watts output (Triode wiring) of an EL34 amp is enough to take full advantage of their dynamic capability.

Re: FredT --- Ella Amp and ART arrays? [message #4323 is a reply to message #4322] Wed, 16 May 2007 09:00 Go to previous message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Thanks much!

Previous Topic: Prayers for tornado victims
Next Topic: More Lone Star Photos
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:02:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio