Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » xover
xover [message #43066] Mon, 17 November 2003 11:39 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Wayne;
About placing the xover on a pair of pi4's ;in some posts you mention placing them on the insulation. Could you elaborate somewhat ie; how you attach the zobel network for the woofer to the cabinet. I am attaching the xover circuit board to one of the braces(1x2's) which I covered with a delflex type of pad then screwed the board to the brace. Any other comments you would be willing to offer that might facilitate building the xover into the cabinet would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Manualblock
Re: xover [message #43069 is a reply to message #43066] Mon, 17 November 2003 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
We always fasten the Zobel's resistor and the crossover PCB to the bottom panel. Then we lay fiberglass insulation over them, with slits cut to allow wiring to pass through. The block of components R1/R2/C1 attaches to the crossover PCB and then they lay on the insulation. So the insulation forms a cushion between this block of components and the crossover PCB or the cabinet panels. Same thing for the Zobel capacitor, in that it lays on the insulation and is padded from vibrating against the cabinet.
Re: xover [message #43071 is a reply to message #43069] Mon, 17 November 2003 14:11 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thanks, I had the pcb bolted to a brace but I think I'll do it your way.
Previous Topic: I need the plans please
Next Topic: My wife thinks I'm crazy!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 15:14:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout