Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Great Plains Audio Community Meeting
Great Plains Audio Community Meeting [message #42745] Mon, 20 October 2003 12:51 Go to next message
footsurg is currently offline  footsurg
Chancellor
This is a general announcement for the upcoming Great Plains Audio Community Meeting taking place in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma on the 8th of November.

The Second Great Plains Audio Community Meeting has been planned! The event will take place on Saturday November 8th at around 2:00 PM at my place. For those who attended the inaugural meeting, the format of this one will be similar. I will have one system set up in a dedicated room and enough space for 3-4 additional systems. Food and drinks will be provided by the host and will include barbeque chicken and burgers as well as finger sandwiches. Deserts will be catered from the Sweet-Pea restaurant in BA. If you haven't had their deserts before, you're in for a real treat. Like last time you are welcome to bring any side dishes or adult beverages as you see fit for the event. If you plan to bring something please email me with your intentions so that we may avoid duplicate items.

The house system may be a little different from the tastes of the core members of the group. It consists of a high power pentode amp being operated in push pull driving a pair of large and power hungry magnetic planar design speakers. Compact Disc format is available but the system is primarily set up for vinyl playback. There will be a large number of records to choose from including plenty of Jazz mostly hard-bop and avant-garde from 53-69, and a lot of west coast psychedelic and classic rock (Joplin, Hendrix, Doors, Jefferson Airplane etc.) This system is probably a bit of a derivation for the low wattage SET and full range speaker crowd. For what it lacks in the overall Nth degree of imaging, it makes up for it in power and dynamics. I will have multiple rooms available for the set up of additional systems. Wayne has expressed an interest in bringing along a set of custom built Pi corner horns with the Martinelli horn tweeters. We will have plenty of room to set up his system and anything else that shows up at the door, so don't be shy. If you've got it, and it fits into an average consumer grade car or truck, then by all means bring it. Akhilesh's Klipschorns are exempted. For those who don't want to miss the games on Saturday, we will have several televisions going (in non-listening areas of course) so don't despair.

I have attached a jpg file of a map leading you to my home. I live in Forest Ridge, which is located on East 71st (Kenosha) in Broken Arrow. The easiest way to get out here is to take the BA to Kenosha. If you live in BA just go east on 71st until you reach Forest Ridge. If you are taking the BA, exit Kenosha and go east for 4 miles. You will see Forest Ridge Blvd on your right. Go past it and take the next right turn onto Midway Road. Stay on Midway for 3/4 of a mile and take a right onto East Commercial Place (right after the little bridge). Once on East Commercial, take an immediate left onto S. 79th Street. Stay on S. 79th for 50 yards and then take a right on S. 78th Street. This is my street. My house is the only house on the right hand side of the street. It is a red brick and gray stone house. You can't miss it. the address is 211 S. 78th Street. In case you get lost (unlikely if you use the map) my phone number is 918-357-9819

For those who attended the last meeting, you know that it was a lot of fun. For those who missed out, try to make this one. We hope to have at least 3 systems going this time. Four would be ideal. No matter what equipment shows up a good time will be had by all in the company of fellow audiophiles. I am looking forward to seeing everyone on the 8th.

Sincerely,

Mark Margiotta

Re: Great Plains Audio Community Meeting [message #42746 is a reply to message #42745] Mon, 20 October 2003 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sounds like a blast, Mark! I'm looking forward to it.

High power tubes, Planars, Sixties Psychedelic on Vinyl, What's not to like? [message #42747 is a reply to message #42745] Mon, 20 October 2003 15:28 Go to previous message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Wish I could be there!
Creating is more like performing than listening
Previous Topic: Transient Perfect Crossover's
Next Topic: Help with 10 Pi for bi-amped system
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 16:01:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio