Home » Audio » General » Stereo speakers
Stereo speakers [message #4254] Sun, 29 April 2007 16:36 Go to next message
randle is currently offline  randle
Master
I wonder if I could take the speakers off of my stereo and some how connect them to my t.v. Does anyone think it's possible? I want to actually rebuild them so that way I can wire them to the television. I know it sounds crazy but I just thought it would be cool.

Re: Stereo speakers [message #4258 is a reply to message #4254] Mon, 30 April 2007 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
britjojo is currently offline  britjojo
Chancellor
I once rigged my PC to play sound through my TV when the PC speakers died on me. So ANYTHING is possible. Can you use a soldering iron?

Re: Stereo speakers [message #4259 is a reply to message #4254] Tue, 01 May 2007 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It's possible, but it would be hard to get to the speaker wires in the typical plastic-cased TV. Also, there's high voltage inside, even when the TV is unplugged, so be very careful if you open up your TV. I advise against it.

The best way to get the TV to play through your speakers would be to get one with "audio out" jacks and feed the line level signal from the TV to your receiver. If you have a cable box with audio-out jacks you can get the signal from there.

Re: Stereo speakers [message #4289 is a reply to message #4259] Tue, 08 May 2007 14:11 Go to previous message
randle is currently offline  randle
Master
Ok that sounds like it might work if I do it right. I'm going to try the whole cable box thing and see how that goes.

Previous Topic: Kudos to Wayne, Melissa, Fast Eddie, Dallas Audio Club, et al
Next Topic: Thank you, Wayne and Melissa!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 14:43:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio