Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » because this forum is good,il post here
First : clean source then il comment more :) [message #42220 is a reply to message #42215] Tue, 19 August 2003 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toxicport.e is currently offline  toxicport.e
Baron
sorry i meant my mates kappa pro 10s are infact INFINITY car audio ones with 88db/2.83v speakers in tiny sealed boxes,obviously he wants high output,

but hes really stretching them too far,350watt rms each and he killed his car battery the other day-with the motor running- :-P

even songs that i couldnt notice in FFT that had 30hz,i notice 'more' sound,im getting simply more complex waves,more sinewves that werent there ,which is always good :-D even if they are only 30-40hz

the sound is so nice,the bass actualy has a different character to my 8inch thumper,i like it :)

if i wanted to strengthen the box,could i put another 18mm sheet over the back face of the box,because thats an easy panel to add thickness to-id use HEAPS of glue and liquid nails perhaps,,

because i knew when i designed it the box would be a little to thin even with bracing inside.

could the small amp with its clipping,be making high excursion,pushing the speaker out of linear zone,make it go even further out of strong mag field ,so it goes alot further than if the signal was clean and nice..

thanks wayne

Re: Clipping with Phil Lesh and Bonn Scott. [message #42222 is a reply to message #42216] Tue, 19 August 2003 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
yeah i agree MOST music is dynamic and peaky...

actualy alot of my music ,that is of the 30-40hz bass type is continous style long sine..

but then i notice that when a 4/4 drum kick starts up aswell,thats what causes it to clip,the peaks like you say.

hyperballad-bjork
a strange song with strange bass :-)

i think some of my music is more sinusiodal but the peak scheme stil works yep

but all amps that are rated for the same RMS have the same peak power dont they/ or is that due to limitations in the amp itself.. slew rate?

Re: Clipping with Phil Lesh and Bonn Scott. [message #42228 is a reply to message #42222] Wed, 20 August 2003 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scholl is currently offline  Scholl
Viscount
Amp ratings are goofy and confusing. The power supply rail or rails determine the max signal amplitude which is peak to peak. The manufacturer can then recalculate this as RMS or they can choose a lower level and claim more peak power. I have some old Kenwood integrateds rated at 60 watts with 45V rails for 126 watts peak. If I were playing sine waves I'd get 90 watts RMS with music and I'd be able to get 126 watt peaks with the rest of the signal playing much lower. Also, we're only talking voltage here.. If current dynamics where taked into acount power could be more or less.
Re: 2226h set up, its not the best.. [message #42264 is a reply to message #42213] Fri, 22 August 2003 18:51 Go to previous message
Baron
my 2226 is 2nd hand and it was either that,or a shiva ;)

nope the box models fine with 175 tuned to 33hz
remember its below resonance so the box requirement is gona be large.

besides the vas and fs ,and qts say 50hz tuning and 100L i think for flat :)

Previous Topic: How do you tell when a horn "unloads"?
Next Topic: Aluminium vs plastic horns, third-order vs fourth-order crossovers...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 00:22:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio