Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Push Pull Subwoofers
Push Pull Subwoofers [message #42165] Sun, 10 August 2003 23:35 Go to next message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hey Wayne,

In a recent post of yours regarding the audibility of phase, you mentioned that you were going to do an article on push-pull subwoofers. Did you ever get around to this? They interest me too, and having the cones directly coupled and wired out of phase, reducing even order distortion is very interesting to me. Anyway, if you get the time I'd love to see a write up on this!

Re: Push Pull Subwoofers [message #42166 is a reply to message #42165] Mon, 11 August 2003 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I haven't done any work with push-pull loudspeakers yet, but I am still somewhat interested in them. I'm planning to make a fall project to study the configuration, and to build and test a prototype.

Check out the following links:

Each of these are commercial sites, but they show implementations of push-pull bass configurations. Personally, I find the exposed basket of the M&K speaker to be a little bit ugly, and I think the π cornerhorn would be a perfect solution because the exposed basket would be hidden. The π cornerhorn would also serve to act as a summation chamber in the area between the baffle and corner apex. This may prove to be an attractive loudspeaker configuration.

Re: Push Pull Subwoofers [message #42176 is a reply to message #42165] Tue, 12 August 2003 00:21 Go to previous message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I've done it a few push-pull setups before, I didn't notice any audible difference in distortion or anything over a conventional system...

Adam

Previous Topic: Tweakin' Two's
Next Topic: Effect of gaps and back chambers.........
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 14:07:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio