Home » Audio » General » ART Radio is online NOW!
ART Radio is online NOW! [message #4198] Sun, 15 April 2007 11:00 Go to next message
Melissa is currently offline  Melissa
Viscount
Click on the [ ART Radio ] link at the top of any forum to listen. Enjoy! Thanks for the input!! Melissa

Re: ART Radio is online NOW! [message #4199 is a reply to message #4198] Mon, 16 April 2007 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinningstar is currently offline  shinningstar
Viscount
Wow! It's great. I enjoyed myself in listening music. Thank's Melissa.

Re: ART Radio is online NOW! [message #4201 is a reply to message #4198] Mon, 16 April 2007 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Sounds good Melissa!
-akhilesh

Re: ART Radio is online NOW! [message #4202 is a reply to message #4198] Mon, 16 April 2007 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Good music too! Cool!
-akhilesh

Technical Question for Skip Pack [message #4204 is a reply to message #4198] Mon, 16 April 2007 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Here's one for our resident Squeezebox guru, Skip Pack: How can I tune in ART Radio on my Squeezebox?

Re: ART Radio is online NOW! [message #4205 is a reply to message #4198] Mon, 16 April 2007 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duke is currently offline  Duke
Grand Master
Wow, sounds great! Thanks!

For some reason my "reception" is intermittent, but I think that's because I'm out in the boonies and have a flakey connection.

Now I must muster the willpower to go out in the workshop and finish up some prototype boxes. Must... finish... boxes...

Okay, after this song is over ("Radioactivity" by Kraftverk).

Duke

Re: ART Radio is online NOW! [message #4206 is a reply to message #4205] Mon, 16 April 2007 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Melissa is currently offline  Melissa
Viscount
Glad you like it, I am learning how to arrange songs on playlists. I played switchtech after radioactivity (which was the very first song at noon on Sunday) so I am not really sure of order. I was hoping you might get to catch it!! I think its a GREAT song. Finish those boxes lol.......

Re: Technical Question for Skip Pack [message #4207 is a reply to message #4204] Mon, 16 April 2007 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip Pack is currently offline  Skip Pack
Baron
It' dead simple. When you go to the main window of any of the ART
topical forums, there's an "ART Radio" link between "Home" and
"Posting Rules". Clicking on that brings up a small window, and,
at least on Windows, opens the download manager. It tells you about a
file named "play.pls", which you want to download to your disk. It's
a one line text file and the .pls suffix means that it's a playlist.
You could open it with Itunes or Windows Media Player, for example,
and then ART Radio would stream though your computer's sound card.

For the Squeezebox, move the file to the directory where you keep your
files for the Slimserver database access and purt it at the top level
so it will index at your first browsing level. I renamed "play.pls" to
ART_Radio.pls so I could easily spot it. Then you bring it up on your
Squeezebox display and hit play. It'll take a few seconds to buffer,
and then it plays. Worked flawlessly for me for over an hour or so
yesterday.

Switchtech [message #4208 is a reply to message #4206] Mon, 16 April 2007 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duke is currently offline  Duke
Grand Master
Thanks Melissa - I was wondering if Switchtech had been played. Glad you like it! My son has been listening to ART Radio and thinks it's a great mix of songs. So do I, judging by what I've been able to hear so far; Switchtech is mingling with some rather exalted company.

In case anyone is wondering I'm talking about, the song "Switchtech Circuitry" is by one of my sons, performing under the name "Klez". Needless to say I'm grinning from ear to ear that Switchtech made it on to the playlist.

Duke

Re: Technical Question for Skip Pack [message #4209 is a reply to message #4207] Tue, 17 April 2007 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
When I click on ART Radio the small window opens with this at the top: http://www.audioroundtable.com/ARTradio/index.html?poc=2
I don't see a play.pls file.

Previous Topic: Registered this Morning
Next Topic: 4WD Suggestions - Vibration...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:04:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio