Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » JBL2226H+MAC40s+large room=Kick ass
JBL2226H+MAC40s+large room=Kick ass [message #41907] Sat, 12 July 2003 16:39 Go to next message
Scholl is currently offline  Scholl
Viscount
For my daughters 14th birthday I set up the MAC 40s with 2226Hs in a box very close to Pi 4 pros in a 30' by 50' hall. That dang system rocked the joint. Beats the heck out of most roller rink nd wedding systems I've heard and at only 50 watts run about half way up.

Too bad they turned off Bonnie Raitt for SUM41, Blink 182. It was her birthday.

Once those cones start to move a few mm you forget they only go to 50hz or so.

2226Hs love some juice.

Re: JBL2226H+MAC40s+large room=Kick ass [message #41912 is a reply to message #41907] Sun, 13 July 2003 09:53 Go to previous message
Rider is currently offline  Rider
Baron

Hi Scholl.

I find most DJ type setups not that good. Some are just about painful. They had a barbaque at work and speakers set up outdoors. You could hear the poor woofers dying. It's not about sound for a lot of these systems. It's just NOISE.

One place where there are some nice sound systems is many movie theatres. I suspect a lot of these are horn loaded. I wonder how many people frequenting this board use horns for home theatre. I use mine for stereo and suspect most people do. My wife listens to surround sound downstairs, I listen to stereo (Pi 7's) upstairs.

Wayne doesn't have a formal "theatre" system suggestion on his list although that's where most people want to be today. It might be worth adding some info on this.

Grant.

Previous Topic: PSD 2002 modifications
Next Topic: Madison Knight 10" in SpeakerBox says 366L right?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 17:45:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio