Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Low distortion op-amp
Low distortion op-amp [message #41769] Tue, 01 July 2003 10:35 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I just picked up this months copy of Electronics Design at the post office box today and found a product announcement for a new Burr Brown op-amp from Texas Instruments. The OPA364 family looks great for preamps, crossovers and microphone amps, and is available in several package and pinout configurations. So if you already have an ampifier with opamps, you may be able to find a replacement that is both electrically and physically compatible, having the same pinouts. It comes in singles and duals, and a quad version was recently introduced as well. Best of all, you can order samples at the website link below.

Check out the FilterPro program above. It's really a great design tool.

Re: Low distortion op-amp [message #41778 is a reply to message #41769] Tue, 01 July 2003 21:30 Go to previous message
Jerry Parker is currently offline  Jerry Parker
Baron
Hey Wayne, cool new Opamp. Remember how I was telling you about that little headphone amplifier I built? Well here is the link to the guy's website that designed it:
http://headwize2.powerpill.org/projects/showproj.php?file=cmoy2_prj.htm

Another thing I would like to make is a unbalanced to balanced line amplifier, so I can better interface my consumer audio equipment with my prosound stuff. I think BurrBrown has a balanced Opamp but I can't remember the part number. I think it would be kinda cool to built one of those with like 3 channels, two for the stereo speakers, and one for subwoofer.

Previous Topic: making freq. response graph
Next Topic: Audibility of Phase
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 00:16:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout