Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Speaker Building Update
Speaker Building Update [message #41651] Tue, 17 June 2003 20:00 Go to next message
Jerrod Harden is currently offline  Jerrod Harden
Baron
Hi Guys!

Long story, but this is my first post in quite a while. I've recently been through a split of a five year relationship, moved to a new town, and am currently in the process of selling my old home. The good news is that I can now actually have audio equipment inside the house and not just a project in the garage! I've recently completed my Studio 2 Pi towers in two tone cherry cabinetry. The front baffle is natural, while the remaining sides are finished in Washington Cherry. The tops and bottoms are 7/8" glued up solid cherry like we use on our tables, desks, cabinets, etc. I'm happy with the finished product and learned a lot in the process, audio cabinetry is certainly a lot different game than hardwood furniture! I intend to post some photos soon. They sound better than I could have imagined, perhaps my obsessive, compulsive speaker building tactics along with Waynes great implementation of speaker drivers has paid off. It's been a fun project that's taken way longer than necessary, but that's the way things go sometimes. I'm looking forward to working on my "big" speakers with dual 2226J's, 511's and 902's! Also very excited to participate on the forum again. Take care! Jerrod

P.S. I am now using a new email address which is:

jerrod_harden@yahoo.com

Re: Speaker Building Update [message #41652 is a reply to message #41651] Tue, 17 June 2003 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm real glad to hear from you! Very sorry about your split - That's such a heart-wrenching deal. But I'm so glad that means you've been able to focus on some hobby projects, and that you've finished the tower two's.

Can't wait to see the photos!

Re: Speaker Building Update [message #41653 is a reply to message #41652] Wed, 18 June 2003 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Sorry to hear of your split, but nice to see you are looking at the bright side. Your Altec project interests me greatly, having several altec pieces laying around, this is what I want to do as well. Please keep everyone informed, I am itching to use altec in the pi speakers. keep up the good work!

Russellc

Re: Speaker Building Update [message #41656 is a reply to message #41653] Wed, 18 June 2003 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve f is currently offline  steve f
Master
Hi Jerrod,
Sorry about the split. Life goes on and it gets better, but for a while it's really painful. Like the others, I can't wait to see pics of the big project. Good luck & take care,
Steve

Re: Speaker Building Update [message #41680 is a reply to message #41651] Fri, 20 June 2003 08:47 Go to previous message
jlharden is currently offline  jlharden
Viscount
Hi Guys!

Thanks for the kind words. Looking forward to spending some "me" time! As soon as I can get a workshop set back up I'll have some good projects to conquer. Jerrod

Previous Topic: 511B Update (#2)
Next Topic: Anyone know Mac box software for 2 indentical woofers??? nt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 06:55:41 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout