Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Long time no talk
Long time no talk [message #41591] Wed, 11 June 2003 05:06 Go to next message
brianjefferys is currently offline  brianjefferys
Esquire
Wayne,

Just thought I would pop in to say hey. And to let you know my Pi's are still in my theater. They have been moved to my rear channels as I have Altec a-7's as my mains. They finally have a coat of clear on them. I will try to get a pic or 2 up for you guys.

Brian

Re: Long time no talk [message #41592 is a reply to message #41591] Wed, 11 June 2003 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
BTW, I have replaced my Selenium 15" with JBL 2226. It is very hard to tell the difference. The Seleniums have gone in my altec A-7's and sound great (with a little modifications to the a-7 internal cabinet).

Wayne,

Cound you please email me Pi 4 and Pi 10 plans aligned for JBL drivers. Building a new, very large home theater. brianjefferys@yahoo.com thx.

Re: Long time no talk [message #41593 is a reply to message #41592] Wed, 11 June 2003 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Oh yea, the pi 4 subwoofer plans also. Thanks. BTW, did you ever send my the Pi logo's for my Selenium Pi 7's?
You've got mail! [message #41595 is a reply to message #41593] Wed, 11 June 2003 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It's great to hear from you! And certainly, I'll send you the plans. About the decals - I sent them to you a long time ago. I mean, hasn't it been a couple years since you built those speakers? Didn't you ever get the decals I sent?

I still remember how attractive your sevens were, and I was glad to send the decals. If you never got them, I wish you would have said something sooner because I would have been happy to mail some more. And I'm happy to send a couple more to you now.

Re: You've got mail! [message #41598 is a reply to message #41595] Thu, 12 June 2003 08:23 Go to previous message
Esquire
Yeah, I asked for them about 2 years ago now. I never got them. I sure would like a pair for my pi7's. I could use them for the speakers listed below too.

I have the chance to, for the first time, build a room around a home theater vs. a home theater around a room. This is my best friends house and he called me for advice and help. He heard my Pi's and was ready to build them right then.

The room is 20x26 ft. and has 20 ft. of head room. It was a garage. Here is what I am planning for my room....

LCR = Pi 10's
sub = Pi 4 sub x2 at either side of the stage
RL side and back surround = Pi 4's

I am going with an Infocus x1 projector and a Denon 3803 receiver driven with a Home Theater PC. All in wall cabling.

I am also building tiered seating at the back of the room (3 tiers).

I am so excited, I get sweaty palms thinking about it. I ordered the projector today along with the screen, receiver, cables, and raw speakers.

Wiring is to be done this weekend.

I will try to post construction pic. There is a little bit of clean up as there was a fire in the garage.

Brian

Previous Topic: DIY cylinder sub-woofer
Next Topic: Pi alignment for a stage monitor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 18:23:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers