Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » TAD/JBL/TAD beast launched
TAD/JBL/TAD beast launched [message #41246] Wed, 07 May 2003 10:18 Go to next message
DRC is currently offline  DRC
Master
Well, with one channel of the Pi 7 Pro-'phile (or whatever the heck I should call it!), complete, I'm almost afraid to assemble the other one.

First you must understand that I don't dance. Period. Don't ask me, I won't dance. (There's a song in there somewhere . . .)

So the fact that I've been jumping around the room dancing and laughing and singing this afternoon while listening to one channel of a system is really unsettling.

But I'm just gonna have to take my chances and try it in stereo on Friday. (First chance to ferry the other cabinet in via V-dub Beetle!)

Wottinhe*l is he carrying on about? Check the link. ;-)

Hey Wayne - Couldja mail me a couple decals/stickers? I know there was one in the xo box, but I dunno what the deuce I did with it! These should be flyin' the flag, dontcha think? ;-)

Keep your ears and your mind open.

what was the approximate cost to construct those Beauts? [message #41247 is a reply to message #41246] Wed, 07 May 2003 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seanmcd is currently offline  seanmcd
Esquire
eh?
Re: what was the approximate cost to construct those Beauts? [message #41248 is a reply to message #41247] Wed, 07 May 2003 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
I'd estimate the cost at $3,250 for the pair. (Man, I wish I hadn't figured that out!)
;-p

The woofers and tweeters are used, the mids from the JBL tent sale. I bought the xo's from Wayne, the horns from bmar; bought the wood and exchanged Magnequest iron for Garland's cabinet-building expertise and time. (Did I thank you, Garland? I'm sure I did, but it bears doing again.) THANKS, MAN!

If you build your own xo's and cabinets, use Bill's utility horn and go with a less nose-bleed pricey tweeter, you could do it for a bunch less. The tweeters are something, though . . .

Sweet! [message #41250 is a reply to message #41246] Wed, 07 May 2003 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Your speakers are really sweet! You really picked the good stuff on those. I'll send a pair of decals right out.

Thanks, Wayne! (nt) [message #41251 is a reply to message #41250] Wed, 07 May 2003 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
nt
Re: Very cool [message #41258 is a reply to message #41246] Wed, 07 May 2003 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master

I like The cabinets. Great job Garland. always clean and professional looking that birch is. Love the look of that TAD all mounted up. I cant wait to hear them in a few weeks.

Bill

Northeast Bottleheads [message #41259 is a reply to message #41248] Thu, 08 May 2003 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Please take some photos of everyone at the Northeast Bottlehead meeting and post 'em here, would you? There are a lot of you guys that I would have like to have seen and visited with, so snap some shots, would you? What all will you be bringing? What about Garland? Does Thomas of Jeff come out? Maybe everyone that's planning to be there could sound off here and make the rest of us envious of all the fun you guys will be having. Please do take some pictures!

Re: Northeast Bottleheads [message #41260 is a reply to message #41259] Thu, 08 May 2003 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Hi Wayne!

So it's 7:30am and I'm sittin' here in the shop listening to Bonnie Raitt's "Luck of the Draw" - left channel only. Woo hoo! Surround sound my as*. Get the first one or two channels right and you just won't care about the other nonsense. If only concerts sounded this good. ;-)

Absolutely! Tend to do that anyway, as does John LaPaire. I keep a running log of meeting notes and photos on my TriodeandCo.com site, although I've missed the last two (unthinkable!), so I really need help from the guys who were there to fill it in.

I'll be bringing the TAD/JBL's (duh!), Audio Note CD Transport Two, DAC 3.1x (or the brandy new 2.1x Balanced, if it gets here soon!) M5 pre, Quest Silver Sig amps, WannaGlows and Bill's Conqueror amp (look out, Rochester!) Pretty much the same toys I had at Lima, except diff speaks, and I'll leave the 'table home - host Steve Culton's tweaked Rega P3 will do the honors!

Hopefully others will jump in with their intended goodies!

You can also follow the link below (bottom right corner of the page for Bot stuff):

Few Weeks!? Nine Days and counting, man! ;-) [message #41261 is a reply to message #41258] Thu, 08 May 2003 03:51 Go to previous message
Master
This is gonna be one to remember. ;-)
Previous Topic: "ella would love these!
Next Topic: horn for 2426
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 03:49:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio