Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » horn for 2426
horn for 2426 [message #41225] Mon, 05 May 2003 06:49 Go to next message
vladimir is currently offline  vladimir
Esquire
Hi,
I would like to ask you which horn is recommended for 2426h for
7pi pro. Is there also any DIY recommendation for the horn ?
TIA, v.

Re: horn for 2426 [message #41229 is a reply to message #41225] Mon, 05 May 2003 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'd suggest the Eminence H290 or Bill Martinelli's 12" wood horn.

Another great option is Martinelli's 17" horn. Since it's a little larger, it can be used at a lower frequency. It will work just as well up high and looks very attractive with the Professional Series seven π speaker because the width of the horn matches the width of the cabinet.

Stage Series seven π loudspeaker at MAF 2003

The speaker shown above is a Stage Series seven π loudspeaker in the hotel room at the Midwest Audiofest. The Professional Series seven π uses the same size cabinet, so they look the same.

Re: horn for 2426 [message #41240 is a reply to message #41229] Tue, 06 May 2003 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Thanks Wayne,

Is there any plan for Martinelli 17" horn ?

I also looked at this interesting site: http://vincent.brient.free.fr/pav_ronds.htm
describing relatively easy way to construct round horn...looks
interesting.

Another Q: how important is sonic difference between stock eminence
plastic horn and good dessigned wood horn ?

thanks, v

Wood horn DIY [message #41241 is a reply to message #41240] Wed, 07 May 2003 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Bill Martinelli has step-by-step instructions how to build his horns at www.WoodHorn.com/Horn.htm.

I think he'll sell the lathed billet aluminum throat by itself if you have woodworking skills and want to make the rest of the horn yourself. If you've got a machine shop for the throat section, you won't need that. But if not, I'd contact him - Having a metal mounting plate for the driver is a big plus. It's got an O-ring to ensure a good seal with the driver and since the mounting plate is metal, it won't wear out and chip when installing and removing compression drivers like horns with a wood plate might.

Re: horn for 2426 [message #41244 is a reply to message #41240] Wed, 07 May 2003 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRC is currently offline  DRC
Master
There are step-by-step instructions on his site (woodhorn,com) showing how he builds them. If you're highly skilled and have the right gear, have at it. Having read through the DIY page, I'd rather let the master craftsman do it. But that's just me.

Keep your ears and your mind open.

thanks [message #41279 is a reply to message #41225] Fri, 09 May 2003 00:03 Go to previous message
Esquire
Thanks guys,

I will start with stock Eminence H290 and I will try to build
som wood horn maybe latter :-)

v.

Previous Topic: TAD/JBL/TAD beast launched
Next Topic: P.Audio PA-D45
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 10:01:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects